Books

~Ian~

Books are a great way to escape your tired self from the cruelties of the real world.

Once you begin reading, the mind transports you to the realm the writer has created for you to explore.

It's true that a reader lives a thousand lives before they die. Books are their mode of transport to another world, or their mode of transformation to a new individual.

I flipped roughly through the pages of the book in my hands, it was probably the only time I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading as the nervousness ate all my senses away.

~Noah~

I groaned at the discomfort and shifted around to a better position on the couch. I had fallen asleep on it watching movies late night.

I was definitely spoiling myself with all the lazing around during this leave of mine.

It had been four days since I decided to lock myself up in the house and so far it had been great. I had thought about Ian, yes, but I hadn't cried over him any more and I was proud of myself.

He was another one of those chapters of my life that were closed and I had to leave behind.

I managed to sit upright and rubbed the sleep off my eyes.

Today's schedule was to jog a couple of rounds of the local park and do some exercises. Then in the evening, I would drive to the mall. It had been a while since I had bought something for myself so I decided that I would go to the mall nearby and loosen my pocket a little as I had some savings of a few months. I always spent wisely but I had different plans for today.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put on my track suit. Then plugging my earphones in and wearing my shoes, I left the house for the jog.

As luck would have it, I tripped over my shoelace and fell face first on the road. I hissed in pain as I felt blood flowing from my scratched cheek and wondered angrily why things like these happen to me. I got up with the support of my palms and dusted the dirt off my clothes. Then letting some sounds of frustrations out of my mouth, I turned back towards home.

My shoulders slumped in defeat as I walked back home, after tying my laces of course.

I opened the door of the house with a frown in place which nobody was going to see, then made my way over to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. I cleaned the wounds with some antiseptic and bandaged my knee, which I then noticed, was bleeding profusely.

Whenever I start to become even a bit satisfied with my life, something or the other always happens to make me feel otherwise.

Having to live a life as hopeless as mine, was very tiring and a life like that can take a toll on anybody.

I went to the bedroom, ditching my plans of shopping and took a book out of my bookshelf.
It was a fantasy with a very attractive cover that I had stopped reading a long time ago.

I threw myself on the bed and began reading the book from the beginning since I had forgotten even the basics.

I forgot about my torn lowers, my empty stomach, my stinking armpits, the burning pain and just delved into the book. It took me to the place it had described so meticulously and I let myself feel whatever it served on the silver platter of its realm.