Mirrors

~Noah~

Mirrors.

They show you what you look like on the outside; how the world sees you.

They let you see how you portray yourself in front of everyone.

Sometimes you feel proud.
Sometimes you despise it.

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. A tired and regretful face of a man was looking back at me accusingly.

Why did I let him go?

~Ian~

The sound of breaking glass echoed in the bathroom when I pulled back my bleeding fist.

I didn't want to see the face of the bastard who never fails to ruin everything in his life.

I don't want you anymore.

I don't want to see you anymore.

I groaned running my fingers in my hair and tugging two fistfuls in frustration. Why did I have to follow him like a creep and get mad at him as if I had any right? Why did I have to ruin his date and make him hate me? Fuck. Why did he have to go on a date and make me feel like I was no one?

Look who's talking bitch. The voice in my head spoke.

I let out a loud cry of frustration again. I hated myself as much as Noah hated me now.

I hated how it bothered me so much. It should've been like 'oh who cares who he's seeing, all I know is that he should satisfy me in bed.' But no. My thoughts weren't limited to just that.

I had to go way beyond that and feel messed up and jealous and wonder why he wasn't happy with me, why he needed more. Like I kept thinking about him all day long, why did he not?

Was I that bad?

Maybe I was, I treated him badly, under what he deserved. But I never thought about anyone else but him. He was all that occupied my head nowadays.

"Ian?" My mother called from right outside the door.

It was two o'clock in the morning and the weird noises I was making probably woke her up.

"Yes mom?" I managed to say after composing myself, putting my hand under the running water to clean off the blood.

"Are you okay baby?" She asked in a sleepy yet concerned voice.

"Yes mom," I replied

"Did something break?"

"Um...fuck, yes, I broke the glass. I'll replace it tomorrow, sorry."

"Ian what's wrong?"

"Nothing mom, I'm fine. Go to bed."

"I'm your mother, not vice versa. I'm the one who gets to order. Open the door."

"Mom, please leave me alone," I pleaded.

She remained silent for a while.

"Fine. Gather yourself and go to sleep in five minutes okay?" She said softly.

"Okay."

With that, I heard footsteps retreating towards her room.

I swore between hisses as I used the antiseptic on the cuts and tried to bandage my right hand.
After that, I walked to my room, flicked the lights off and dropped my body on the bed.

I had waited for him from eleven to one, but he hadn't come online. I wasn't surprised. Just really really mad at myself.

Surprisingly, I fell asleep pretty quickly.

When I woke up the next morning, I switched on my laptop just for the hell of it and almost lost my breath at what I saw.

'Hey' he had sent at 3:17 AM.

I smiled and felt my heart racing again.

Was it too late to reply? I thought not.

'Hey. I'm sorry' I replied and bit my lip, waiting.

I didn't even know where he worked. Would he be at his work place right now? Well, it was almost 8.

I switched the laptop off and climbed off the bed, deciding to get ready for my class at 9.

When I was leaving, I logged into the site through my phone and checked for any replies. There were none.

I drove my Harley, making up my mind that I was going to get the guy.

By hook or by crook.

Vote and comment and share if you like this story!