Time

~Ian~

Time is a very precious thing.

It slips by without us noticing, turning the wheels of life steadily, flipping things over, bringing changes about.

Time is also a tedious thing.

Sometimes, it passes painfully slow, rendering us weak as those things stick by us which we're constantly trying to scrap off.

It was 12 at night and I was trying to finish my assignments with my phone right in front, waiting for a reply. But the reply was taking forever and the anxiety was slowly eating me away.

~Noah~

Ian apologized.
He apologized.
A-p-o-l-o-g-i-z-e-d.

I couldn't stomach it! I never thought he had it in him!

I had assumed that he'd have that same dominant nature, and he'd just shrug and start using my body again.
Because honestly, that's all I believed I was to him- a body.

But he apologized like he meant it, like he had a heart after all.

I was satisfied.
And I decided to keep it that way. The time had come to flip things over. Now I would be the boss.

'I don't know' I replied to his text, and received an immediate answer as if he'd been on his phone all day long, waiting for my reply. Serves him right.

'What do you mean?' He asked, confused.

'Don't know if you mean it' I texted.

It took him a couple of minutes to reply.

'I do.' Was his definite answer.

I had no reason to, but I blushed when I read it. He was so cute this way, why did he have to act all tough and mean?

I groaned.

I hated to have soft feelings for him but I couldn't resist them either.

'Show me.' I sent, excitedly waiting for a reply.

'Meet me at 4 tomorrow?' He texted.

'Um...' I pretended to give it a thought while my fingers itched to type an affirmation already.

'Alright.' I finally replied.

'Great I'll pick you up'

Pick me up? Were we going somewhere? Oh my-
Was it a date?

My heart began beating like crazy.

Were we finally having a non sexual meeting?

'Where are we going' I asked, regretting it later because that sounded like I was excited. Which I was, but I didn't want him to know.

'That's a surprise' was the next message I received.

My jaw dropped.
Was he trying to be romantic? Or was he going to kidnap me and then rape me and leave me to die?

The latter seemed more possible.

'Ian.' I texted, hoping to sound strict and...

'See you!'

...failed.

When the doorbell rung the next day at 3:57, I panicked.

I hadn't even dressed up! I was still in my work outfit which was too formal for a date.
The reason I was so late was because I had to stay over at school for the practice of the upcoming annual day and had come back home at 3:30.

I jogged down the stairs nervously and opened the door to an equally nervous Ian who was wearing a blue polo shirt and jeans. As usual, he looked hot.

He cleared his throat dramatically as if his voice got stuck and then tried to smile in greeting and then blushed.

I almost chuckled.

He was acting like he was smiling for the first time and it was super cute.

"Come in," I said smiling back.

He followed me inside and I gestured to the couch in the living room.

"You can sit here, I'll be back in a minute." I said to his awkwardly standing figure and rushed back upstairs to change clothes.

I took out my grey shirt and black jeans and tossed them onto the bed.

I began to unbutton my shirt, looking down at my hands and wishing they were his. I circled my nipple with my fingertip imagining it to be his tongue.
I kept fantasizing about him and felt like cancelling the date and calling him upstairs already.

I blushed at my perverted thoughts and then quickly began thinking about other random stuff like how embarrassing it is to fall into a muddy puddle in front of everybody, lest I sport a boner when I go downstairs.

When I was ready, which was at 4:05, I went back to the living room.

He stood up as soon as he saw me, not taking his eyes off me which made me blush and look away. His eyes were dark with lust and he was practically and shamelessly eye-stripping me.

"Let's go?" He asked using his sexy voice for the first time that day.

I simply nodded, unable to form any words and followed him outside.

I locked the house and then we walked to his car together to get seated.
There was awkward silence as he began driving, no music playing in the background.

"Um..." he began, and I looked at him for a moment and then back at the front, waiting for him to finish.

"I'm sorry for yesterday." He said, blushing slightly.
I blushed at the gorgeous sight.

"It's okay." I murmured.

"Are you still upset?" He asked like a little kid.

I chuckled.

"No, it's really okay." I assured and he seemed to relax, which made me smile.

I was affecting him and it was all I had been asking for since I met him.

I wanted to hold meaning in his life.

I...

I had started to like him.

I felt my cheeks heat up furiously as the realisation hit me.

I stole a glance at him.
He was looking straight ahead, with his signature poker face.

My smile dropped before it even made an appearance.

He was only being soft because of humanity, he was just making up for what he thought he did wrong.

He would never like me.

He was another one of my hopeless loves;

The most painful one of them.

A/N: Shit I'm in love with Noah.

Don't forget to vote+comment+share!