Frustration

~Noah~

Helplessness is a cause of frustration.

You know you want to change something, but you don't have it in your power to change it.

It feels like your life is getting controlled by someone else. And that could be quite frustrating for anybody as one can't be dominated forever.

I stuffed the food into my mouth and forced myself to swallow it. I wasn't satisfied with my life, and I had a feeling I wasn't going to be, anytime soon.

~Ian~

I pressed the pillow close to my ears to block out the alarm torn blaring through my phone from the desk.

I always kept my phone at a distance so that whenever the alarm goes off, I have to get up and shut it. And once I get up, I stretch and don't go back to bed.

So I had to sit up and walk over to the desk, grunting as the loud music purposely kept annoying me.

"Ian!" I heard a cheerful call of my name as soon as I dismissed the alarm, followed by a couple of knocks on my door.

I frowned with my eyes still drooping. What was mom doing home?

I dragged my feet to the door and opened it. There stood my mother with a very bright smile on her face matching her sunny yellow dress and tied back hair.

I did a double take on seeing her.

"Mo-" I began but was cut short by her happy voice,

"Morning, baby," she greeted and kissed my cheek.

"What's the matter?" I asked. There was no occasion I could think of to justify the sudden change in her appearance.

"We have a visitor. Someone I'd like you to meet." She said smiling up at me with a light tint of pink coating her pale cheeks.

My frown relaxed into a genuine smile as the realisation dawned on me.

"So that's why you didn't come home last night!" I teased and chuckled when she lightly punched my arm with the pink on her face becoming two shades darker.

"Now go get changed and come for breakfast," she said rolling her eyes and went downstairs.

I smiled to myself as I made my way over to the bathroom. My mother was beginning to move on, and I was very happy because I had always wished the best for her. Being the wonderful woman that she was, she deserved the best.

And hence I was sure to make the guy go through a lot of trials till he gets to be with my mom.

I brushed excitedly thinking about how amazing the feeling of mutual love must be. The thought of Noah crossed my head and I was surprised that I had actually gone ten minutes in the day without thinking about him.

My heart clenched again, thinking of the events that happened two days ago. I wished he trusted me enough to know that it was all a misunderstanding. But he didn't, and that was my fault. I had always treated him wrong and so my image etched in his brains was a rotten one.

The worst feeling was of being helpless. I couldn't do anything to change his thoughts about me because he was adamant to not listen. He wasn't receiving any of my calls and hadn't come online even once since then.