Smile

~Noah~

"Mr. Hart!" A little girl called to me, making her way over to my desk with a little bag on her shoulders.

The class had gotten over and everybody had already left, except me and that little lady over there.

"Yes Sheryl?" I asked, checking notifications on my phone. I barely had any.Except at nights ofcourse.

"Mr. Hart, I love you."

I jumped slightly.

"What?" I chuckled crouching down to her level as she neared me.

"I love you Mr. Hart!" she repeated with a very cute smile on her little five year old lips.

Smiles tend to have a great impact on people. They are contagious, they make you feel content inside and they also give you a kind of warmth that makes you feel wanted and loved.

"I love you too, Sher. And all the other children." I replied taking her little hands in mine.

"No Mr. Hart." She said, now stomping her foot in irritation, "I love you!"

I smiled and payed my gratitude "Why thank you, young lady."

She smiled brightly at me at that and dipped her head forward.

"Now kiss me, Mr. Hart"

I backed away immediately.

"What!" I couldn't help but raise my voice in surprise, which startled the little girl.

"Sheryl...I..." I couldn't believe I was unable to form a proper sentence to refuse a child as little as that!

"But I love you Mr. Hart!" she cried with newly formed tears, "Why won't you kiss me?"

"Sheryl dear. It's wrong to say things like that, especially to your teacher," came a voice from the door and both of us turned to see the approaching mother.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Hart," She apologized with worried eyes as she lifted her crying daughter in her arms.

"It's no problem Mrs..."

"Davidson."

"Yeah, sorry. Um..Mrs. Davidson. She's just an innocent child." I replied with a sheepish smile.

I couldn't believe a five year old just confessed to me!

I drove myself home and couldn't help thinking how it would've been better if it were a certain twenty year old...

~Ian~

I hummed while I cooked dinner for mom and myself.

All there was in my head was the next evening. I was going to see him again, touch him again, hold him again, taste him again, see his smile again...

Wait. Did I say smile?
Something was wrong with me.

"Ian!" My mother's voice echoed from the living room.
She had finally arrived.

"Yeah, mom?" I called back, continuing with the cooking.
I had been a little late today because I had gone to the park for a walk, just thinking about things. Okay, about Noah.