Chapter 14

"Morning," Aidan smiled as I walked down stairs. He wore grey joggers and a white women beater.

"Hey," I smiled. My smile was short. Barely lasting a second.

Aidan frowned and walked closer to me, his eyes staring directly down at mine. "You ok?"

I shook my head hesitantly before dramatically resting my head alone on Aidan's chest. His deep, light chuckle made his chest move bumpily, so my head moved with it. I smiled at his laugh. My heart clenched slightly when he did so, everything about it always felt so attractive, his smile, his stare, his laugh in general.
"Always so dramatic." He said in a whisper. His lips briefly touched the top of my head before I lifted my head up.

"Seriously, though," he spoke with a different tone. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I guess," I answered. "It's just a lot to process. I just don't want to think about it."

That was when Aidan pouted. I remember the way his lips curled outwards and how cute and stupid he looked at the same time. I remember the feeling inside of me that rapidly built up that made me just want to laugh so bad.
I still want to laugh about it now. I could still picture his face exactly, the same feeling bubbling inside of me.
Though I could not laugh now, for it hurt too much.

I chuckled briefly, trying to hide my amusement as he pulled another whimsical facial expression that made it extremely clear he was trying to think.
"I have an idea," his eyes light up, smirk plastered on his face as he took my hand and rushed down the basement stairs, his hand still linked with mine.

When we reach the landing he released my hand and walked straight over to a wooden shelf, stacked broom full of DVD's.
"Can you tell me your idea now?" I asked impatiently as I begun to get confused.

Aidan simply chuckled before excitingly pulling out a DVD case with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves on it.
"Point Break!" He declared.

"What's that?" I questioned as I sat my self on the sofa.

For what seemed like an eternity, I sat looking at Aidan's bemused face. His eyes were wide his mouth agape.
"W-what's Point Break?" He stuttered at choice of words.

I knotted my eyebrows closer together. "That is what I've just asked, yes."

"This is your favourite film?!" He exploded.

"I think I'd know what my favourite film is, Aidan and that's not it." I laughed lightly at his reaction.

"What do you think it is then?" He pondered, his face turning into an automatic frown, his lips curling out once more.

"Big Wednesday." I answered, furrowed eyebrows.

"Nooo!" Aidan protested and sat himself on the sofa next to me.
"You always said Point Break was 5 times better than Big Wednesday. Always."

I laughed at him. "Well I don't know that! I can't remember, all I know is that I watched Big Wednesday and loved it so much I watch it once a month on a Friday with my dad."

Aidan gasped. "You replaced Point Break and me with Big Wednesday and your dad." He laughed lightly. "How could you ever Els?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him, my wide smile still stretching my cheeks.

"Every month on a Friday we'd watch Point Break together here." He smirked at me. "In fact, I believe this is your DVD that you left here the night..." he paused, struggling to find the words to carry his sentence of with out bringing the thoughts back to my head.

"Well we have to watch it in that case," I laughed awkwardly, attempting to ignore the fact the last time I had watched this, something later that night happened.

"That we must, I'm not letting you completely forget this movie and how we use to be."  Aidan stood and walked to the TV to set up the movie.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked after he sat down next to me, once more.

"Sure, Els." He smiled.

"Why'd you act so shocked when I said I didn't know what Point Break was?" I scoffed lightly in laughter but contained the amusement of the scene as a smile.

"I just didn't get how you hadn't watched it. I thought your dad would have shown it to you because you loved it so much. But I guess I had the DVD all along." He chuckled.
"Your so similar to how you used to be, I forget that your not the same sometimes." Aidan's fingertips, found their way to my hair and began to play with its ends.

"I'm sorry I'm not the same." I whispered.

"You will be." Aidan smiled brightly at me. "I'll make sure of it, and I'm starting now."

"What do you mean?" I queried.

"Cuddle and point break? What do you say? It's what we used to do when you were upset." He offered.

I bit the inside of my lip, nervously, but nodded at the same time.
"Ok," I whispered.

Aidan's face light up with joy. I slowly laid my self down beside him, laying on my side, just as he did. Aidan ensured my head was tucked under his chin and that his arm was around my waist, linking with my fingers on my own hand.
I smiled and made my head comfortable,by nuzzling it into the sofa.
"Is this how we used to be?" I asked shyly.

"It's the perfect restart of how we used to be." He mumbled as the movie began.