Chapter 5

I don't know why I did it. I just did. I'm pretty sure there is a saying about curiosity killing the cat but obviously my mind didn't want to learn from famous sayings.
And it was a good thing as well, maybe my mind secretly knew bringing me here would have ended in the best future.

I knew the pub well, my dad was friends with the owner and I had been there once or twice myself. When I walked in there was not a soul inside but the barrister cleaning tables. I smiled at him and sat down at a table.

"You here for the boys?" He asked.

"Erm," I said quietly. "I was just given a note."

"Yes then," the man smiled. "Just wait here." And he walked off.

The silence was extremely disturbing, I couldn't help but want to tap on the table like usual. Bored, I bit my lip while my nails pattered on the wood.
I wasn't sure how long it was going to take or who was even going to come but I was curious. And if curiosity lead me here then here was where I was going to wait.
Surprisingly, the place didn't smell like alcohol and cheap beer. It didn't even have the aroma of smoke or the usual pub vibe of B.O. I sighed, my fingers still tapping until I heard a voice.

"No." It said sharply and quietly.

"Dude, you don't even know who it is!" Another one hissed.

"I do know who it is and it's not happening!"

"Just hear her."

Soon three body's came into view. A smiling Alex and Jonah. And an angry Aidan.
"Hello!" Jonah broke the silence with an awkward introducing.

"Hi..." I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"Jonah, tell her whys she's here." Alex chuckled.

"We want you, to join our band!" Jonah said awkwardly with a unsure smile on his face.

"No," Aidan began. "They want you to join our band. I am not so excited about it."

I held back my anger and sighed deeply before turning to Jonah and Alex. "What... why?"

"We heard you sing." Alex smiled. "Your good."

"Yeah, and you play the bass, so getting you would be like killing two birds with one stone." Jonah added.

I took to my feet and looked up at Aidan, smiling blankly. "And you don't?" I asked.

"No." he said bitterly.

"I don't know why you have a problem with me. You don't even know me."

"I know you more than you think." He scowled.
Little did I know how right he was, but then his words came off as arrogance, and maybe that possibly drew me into saying yes.

I scoffed and turned to Alex and Jonah again. "I'll do it." I smirked.

I heard Aidan's irritated sigh behind me. "No. First audition." He insisted.

"Audition? Dude we know she can sing." Jonah cut in.

"You do, I never heard her." Aidan turned his whole body back to faving me. "Go on. Sing."

"Now?" He nodded. "What do I sing?"

He shrugged. "Think of something. I don't care but if you don't have something soon then you can get out."

My mind rushed through songs that I could think of. Red Hot Chili Peppers? The 1975? Catfish & The Bottle men? Green Day? Artic Monkeys?