Chapter 2

"Ella!" I heard the sound of my name being called followed by the sound of continuous foot steps coming from behind me. I wasn't used to my name being called, so I was confused, but I spun around any way.
I turned to see dirty blonde Jonah smiling at me. I gave a small smile in return.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I questioned Jonah.

"Sure, what's up?"

"One, why are you so consistent on talking to me," I laughed awkwardly. I thought yesterday had been a help the new girl thing but how he just came up to me for the sake of it and that confused me.

Jonah laughed with a shrug,
"I know how it feels to start a new school, I started in September and I knew some people here and it was still kind of hard for me." He explained. "You, however, do not. So I thought I'd be nice,"

I smiled with a soft laugh and shrugged. "Fair enough, thank you,"

"No problem, what was your other question?" He looked at me from the my left, as we kept walking.

"Why does Aidan look so annoyed every time I'm near him?" Seriously, I asked.

"Erm," Jonah thought about his answers for a moment, gradually coming up with the final one he was going to tell me. "You kind of remind him like some one he used to know."

"Oh," I said blankly.

"Yeah," he sighed. "But, it was a while ago, I think it was just a shock to him. It should be better now."

"Ok, I'm going to make sure to stay a way a way from him." I laughed awkwardly.

"You can't," he smirked.

"Why not?"

"We have Mr McAndrew next." He said. "You sit next to him."

I sighed. I still wasn't sure if I liked having my dad as my teacher. Sure I had tiny perks but it was still hard.

Once again, we climbed the never ending stairs before thankfully reaching the top. "Hey, can you do me a favour?" Jonah asked. I nodded curiously.
"Don't, erm... don't talk to Aidan, ok?"

Slowly, I nodded even though I was confused. "Ok..."
Aidan hadn't arrived yet so I was able to sit down with out having full guilt take over me, which was a lot more settling than the pressure of trying to to remind some one of another person they used to know, for some reason. But it didn't last long when Aidan walked in to class. He sat down next to me with out a simple word.

The awkwardness between us was immense. In some ways I was still suspicious about what Jonah had said, but I couldn't ask about it... because I didn't know. I didn't know a single thing but his name.

"Ella? Do you want to sit with me at lunch?" Jonah turned round and asked.

Five years of being alone and all I took for some one to notice me was me walking into their best friend.

"Erm-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as Aidan cut me off.

"No," He said sharply yet softly:
I saw Aidan look at Jonah with begging eyes. He kind of looked angry in some sense. "I can't deal with her right now."

My temper was short, and still was now. From that day, the question always played on my mind why he had this hatred towards me. Of course I understood now and now what I wonder is why I snapped at him after those words he said.

"Wo, ok. All I have done is be nice to you. What's your problem with me?"

"I just don't want to sit near you at lunch." He answered, his eyes still not daring to look at me.

I raised my eyebrows at Jonah. "There you go, your question has been answered."

Jonah sighed. "Ignore Aidan, he needs to get over it. I'll see you at lunch." He turned back to his seat and continued his work.

I worked through the lesson like nothing had happened - for all I knew then nothing had happened. I didn't know anything.
But I was so annoyed about it. Why could he not deal with me? Why did he have to be so rude? It was itching constantly at the side of my head, it was the only thing I thought about. And the more I thought about it the more it drove me mad.

The bells irritating clanking noise cast itself around the school, signifying that we could leave, so I stuffed my books in my bag like normal and walked out of class.

Just before reaching the stair doors, some one grabbed my wrist. I spun myself around to look at them. Aidan stood there only a couple of metres away from me. For some reason that set off. One minuet he wanted to avoid me the next he wouldn't release my wrist. It confused me.
"Can you like, let go of my fucking arm?" I snapped.

"Can I talk t-" he started.

"Dude just let go of my wrist, its clear you don't me around you, maybe I don't want to talk to you," I hissed.

He realised my wrist and I turned away from him. "I just wanted to apologise." He said. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. He looked almost apologetic, but also confused.
"Will you let me explain?"

"Go ahead, why do you hate me so much when I've only been nice to you?" stood there with my arms folded.

I wanted to know why he had such a problem with me. Maybe my social skills were worse than I thought.

Aidan chuckled. "Jonah said you were nothing like her," he shook his head in disagreement. "His so fucking wrong." His voice was so hushed I merely made a word out.

"What?" I asked, my eye brows falling together.

"Don't worry."

"No," Strongly, I denied. "Your not going to give me that, you can't hate me for no reason. You have to tell me." I demanded, staying still in my spot.

Perhaps it was my determination that brought us to finally talk, I still didn't understand why he didn't walk away there and then. Whether it would have made a difference I our current circumstances I didn't know but I could still briefly wonder. "Always so persistant." He mumbled.

Aidan took a couple of steps closer to me but I retreated further and further backwards until I hit a wall. I swallowed the hard lump in my throat. I couldn't leave now.
His jaw muscles began to build up again as he rested his forearm against the wall next to me. "Look, I was just going to fucking apologise so-"

I scoffed cutting him off, my eyebrows raised in astonishment. Aidan looked at me like he was shocked but still expected it. "You know apologies have the word 'sorry' in them right? I haven't heard that once from you."

He chuckled at my statement, I looked away to the side briefly before re-gaining his eye contact. "It's not my fault your being a bitch."

"You don't know me, don't even start with judging me." I hissed.

He took a deep and irritated breath of air before staring in to my eyes, coldly.
"I know you more than you think." He stated. "Now are you going to listen or not?"

"Don't fucking bother." I snapped, not knowing how right he was.

Aidan looked angry yet defeated. He let me go, pushing himself off of the wall and sighing. "Don't sit with us at lunch."

"Good day to you too," I smirked in triumph, slamming the stair doors in his face.

_________________________

I still love Her. She like so fun to write about.
Jeez this chapter was really short more than 1200 words... yay!! Shorter than last time but more tense and interesting than first chapter! :( :)  have a good dayyyy
Molly