Chapter 10

I walked home in the nippy weather; typical England. The sky was filled with miserable grey clouds that reflected my emotions.
I was scared to say at the least. I couldn't tell if Aidan would really tell my dad or he was just pushing me to tell him myself.
Either way, every step that I took closer to my house my heart beat a little faster. The gravel below my feet crunched building up the tension that I set in my own mind.

Letting the music blare in my ears, I was oblivious to the world around me. I attempted to walk on the side of the road but every now and then I'd sway into the middle and just pray no cars came. After all the only thing I could hear right now was Curt Cobain singing 'Come As You Are' as Dave Growl played the drums.
Suddenly I heard a faint beep which cause my eyebrow to fall together. That definitely was not part of the song.

I turned to see Aidan in the jeep behind me. Smiling tightly, I removed my earphones to hear what he was saying.
"What have I told you about walking on you own at this time of the year?" He smirked.

Even stopping brought the cold winter chill closer to my awareness.
"Well, last time I checked, you aren't my father, so I think I'm fine walking home." I shrugged, wrapping my arms around my waist to attempt to warm my self up.

Aidan looked at me blankly as I stared at him with the straightest face I could. "Get in." His head bobbed to the side slightly, gesturing to the passenger seat beside him.

"Do I have to?" I whined, smirking. It was cold that night and I really didn't want to walk but neither did I want to obey Aidan's every order.

He chuckled with a smile forming onto his face. "Come on, in trying to help here." He smiled.

I sighed and walked to the other side to sit down. There was rumble of the exhaust from the car as I strapped myself in.
Aidan reached across me and hit the play button on the car radio. Straight away, Green Day began to whisk through the speakers.

I smirked and faced him. "I thought you hated Green Day?"

A wide smile began to grow on his face. He looked down for a brief second before letting his eye concentrate on the road. "I, erm," he stuttered.
"I'm starting to listen to them a bit more again."

I smiled and rested my head on the side of the window. Aidan smiled as I muttered the lyrics to my self. I had a sense of happiness at the thought of him listening to Green Day once more. Maybe it meant he was excepting me being back and around him more.

Suddenly, a abrupt pain when through my brain. I took in a sharp intake of breath and the pain lingered. My body swayed sideways as Aidan pulled over  the car.

When I came back to my senses I saw Aidan starting me with confusion and worry. I closed my eyes as he asked me if I was ok. With a simple nod, I replied.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, rubbing my head to distract my self from the awkward pain.

Aidan took the hand the rested in my lap
And squeezed it gently. "It's ok, it wasn't you fault, right?" He smiled tightly, as I squeezed his hand back.

To this day, I am still never sure what exact moment I remembered something. Faint feelings and images in my mind whizzed through as soft voices spoke.

"I'm sorry." A girl a few years younger than me, whimpered.

She had long brown hair - strands of which covered her vision as the feeling of wet tears filled her eyes.
A boy, a similar age, wrapped his fingers around hers and softly gave it a squeeze as he looked at her with his grey eyes. He had a small flick of hair that fell on his forehead despite the fact he constantly tried to brush it away.