Chapter 6

"You excited for tomorrow?" Alex turned to me wiggling his eyebrows.

I smile and nodded enthusiastically. "Where are we actually doing it?"

"Ohhh, you two getting frisky?" Jonah laughed as he sat down on the lunch table with us.

Alex rolled his eyes and continued eating his lunch.
I felt my cheeks blush bright red and my eyes jump out of their sockets. "Dude! No!" I shouted at Jonah.

Jonah laughed hysterically, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "I'm joking, Ella." He smirked. "I know you'd rather be doing that with me."
Jonah winked suggestively.

I grimaced, "Afraid not."
Soon Aaron and Poppy sat down, frowns sunk their faces. "What's the matter with you guys?" I asked.

"Mrs Chandler set us a big ass project due in for Monday." Poppy whined resting her head on Alex's shoulder.

"I can help you," Alex replied kissing the temple of her head and wrapping his arm around her. "What's it on?"

"Why songs effect our emotions." Aaron replied.

Alex scrunched up his face in sympathy. "Damn," he looked at Poppy, who was wearing a pout on her face. "Your on your own with this one, Flower, Psychology is not my strong suit."

Like yesterday, Aidan was the last to arrive and sit down. He took the same seat as he did yesterday, sitting opposite me with the usual 'not a care in the world' face on.
Curiously, I looked up at him, searching for some kind of emotion towards me other than hate and confusion.
He eyes were already traced on me. Aidan pulled a forced, tight, smile before lowering his head to his note book, which he never seemed to stop writing in.

The note book that he still wrote in. The one that sat on my hospital bed side table even now.

We didn't speak after yesterday. Of course I tried to be polite and smile at him when I saw him in the corridor; he would just turn away, his face loosing all trace of emotion.

"Ella," Aaron's voice snapped me out of my thought. I looked up as a lock of his hair fell back onto his forehead. I smiled in amusement.
"You coming?" He smirked his mesmerising smirk as he stood up.

"Where?"

"Just outside, I want a fag."

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm good."

"Aidan? What 'bout you?" Aaron looked down at Aidan, who was lost in his note book, and didn't answer. He rolled his eyes at Aidan's response and walked off behind Alex and Poppy.

"I'll be back, just gotta piss." Jonah said before scooting off.

"TMI!" I shouted after him with a small laugh.

I turned back to Aidan who was still lost in the flowing ink of a pen and thin sheets of paper in his note book.
"You smoke?" I asked patiently.

"Try not to." He answered with out a single look up.

The eeriness of silence crowded around us as he cut off our conversation so quickly and sharply.
I didn't like silence. It was a reminder of loneliness and that wasn't something I was close friends with. I attempted to hold the conversation.

"You know that can give you cancer." I said.

Aidan's jaw tensed the sharpest is ever seen it as he stared at his feet, his hand shaking as it held the pen. "Lots of things can." He snapped. "Why do you think I'm trying to stop?"

He was all too right. Many things can give you cancer, and even if you avoid each one of those things, anything can happen.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered realising I hit a nerve. Again.

He let out a sharp sigh, as if it was forced. His jaw was still tense and hands still balled into fists, but his eyes had softened and the tension in his body weakened. "Look-"

He was cut off by Lydia's high pitched, flirty voice. "Hey Aidan." She smiled sweetly. "You still up for tonight?"
Her blonde hair twirled around her finger as she got closer to Aidan.

"Yeah, just wait second and let me finish talking t-"

Lydia snapped and turned to me. "Who the hell is she?"

"She has a name, thank you." I tossed off her comment effortlessly, while packing my books into my bag.

"That's right leave, whore." She stared evilly at me as I laughed. "Aidan's got a girl."

I don't understand girls. If we get a single sense of bitchiness we immediately come up with some insult to throw back in.

"Oh damn," I fake gasped. "I'm so sorry. I thought you were a man."

People started to turner head around and watched as the cat fight begun.
"Who do you think you are?!" She screeched.

I smiled at her, holding my hand out nicely. "Hi, I'm Ella, nice to meet you. What's your name, bitch face?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Aidan slightly smirked at me as I insulted his fuck buddy.
The next thing I knew, Lydia had slapped me across my face.

The crowd began to "ooh", as I turned back to her with a calm expression on my face. I rubbed my cheek where she had slapped me and looked at her. "Damn," I laughed. "I wish I had my bitch repellent now. Next time warn me, yeah?"

Lydia attempted to launch her self at me but Aidan grabbed her waist and pulled her back.
"Wo," he chuckled. "Calm down, babe. What did she ever do to you, huh?"

"Did you not just hear her?!" She screeched, like a strangled bird.
"Do something!"

"I would, but I think you've done enough." Aidan said, his voice slightly tense and angry as Melissa's eyes widened in disbelief.

She flipped her blonde hair and stormed off.  "Shows over ass holes!" I shouted and picked my bag up off of the floor as everybody turned back to their lunches and conversations.
Aidan turned to me. A mix of emotions on his face. Amusement, confusion. And anger... but not towards me:

"Could you, erm... maybe, not call my girlfriend a bitch." Aidan calmly told me.

"Dude, she called me a whore and slapped me, it's not me you should be telling off right now." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll speak to her." He said rolled his eyes.

The screaming silence between us crept back in to the air, causing us to do nothing but awkwardly stare at each other with tight, fake smiles plastered on our faces.
"Erm, thank you." I said. "By the way."

Aidan's eyebrows fell together as he looked at me with more confusion.
"For yesterday," I reminded him. Aidan nodded his head slightly. "I never said thank you."
I smiled tightly again before walking off, feeling his eyes staring at me as I left.

__________________________
So this chapter was soooo much shorter but I wanted some sort of cat fight to happens sooner or later so wala!

Any ways....
Thanks
Molly