Chapter 27-Krizton

Icefall City
Arktis Skyland
Northern Space

"Any news about the Alerick Nial file?" Gael asked as he looked at Kreis. His best friend sat across from him, eating a slice of chocolate cake with a smile on his face. In all honesty, Gael wanted to ask the man why he even had time to come to their inn and enjoy a snack in the dining room. Last he recalled, Kreis should be busy fixing the security gaps of the Sky Games.

"They're still looking. It really will take some time before they find it," Kreis said. He reached for a glass, filled it with water, before gulping the liquid down. "What about the Shcielle?"

"Lord Donovan's men are keeping an eye on Janz Gardius," he said. He took a sip of his tea before continuing. "There's no sign of the Shcielle. There's no sign that he's hiding anything."

"It would be so much easier if we could just walk up to him and ask," Kreis groaned up at the ceiling.

He sat there, with his neck craned upward in the same aching position. However, he straightened and narrowed his eyes at Gael in a scrutinizing gaze. Gael raised a brow at him in question.

"You seem happier these past few days," Kreis said while pointing a finger at him. "Is there something your best friend should know about?"

Gael placed his cup on the saucer before speaking. "It's nothing."

"When Gael Fenrin says 'nothing' there is 'something," his best friend said. For a moment, he was quiet, brows knitted in contemplation. Realization fell on his face along with a smirk. "Is it the woman Linan told us about?"

Gael's eyes widened in surprise while his silly mind couldn't help but think back to Vaneesa. Kreis deemed his reaction as a 'yes," because the man leaned back on his chair and his smirk stretched almost all the way to his ears.

"What's her name?" Kreis asked. He leaned forward and Gael rolled his eyes. The Head Ryder of the First Regiment looked like a child asking for candy.

He was about to tell him to drop the subject, when the doors to the dining room opened. They looked up and found Solana entering the room.

Even without his Sentiral Power, Gael knew very well what Kreis was thinking to him right at that moment. You're saved...for now.

"Where have you been, Lana?" Gael asked. "You left the stadium earlier than anyone so we expected you'd be in your room."

"I went looking for Alec," she said. She stepped aside to reveal a little someone hiding behind her frame. "Someone wanted to talk to him."

Gael and Kreis stilled at the sight of the familiar child gazing at them with big warm eyes. There was a toothy smile on the boy's face, lighting up the rest of his features.

"Hello," he said in a chirpy little voice. "My name is Krizton." He then bowed at the waist after dropping his small basket of flowers on the red floor.

Gael smiled at his politeness before Solana's voice caught his attention.

"I'll leave you here with them, Krizton," she said. "I have to go and change my clothes. Alec will probably be here soon."

"Yes, eaana," Krizton said. Solana led him to a chair next to Gael. She helped him climbed on top it, seeing that he was bit short to do so on his own. Once he was settled, the blonde ruffled the child's messy black locks before leaving the room.

Silence engulfed them, as the two men gazed at Krizton behaving on his chair while staring at the room in wonder. He looked so adorable that Gael was having a hard time suppressing his smile.