Chapter 4-Skeleton

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

Alec felt himself bouncing up on down on his bed as it shook. He refused to open his eyes and ignored it. His entire body was still sore from the harsh training he went through for the past three weeks. Gravis and Gael were merciless, especially towards him. It didn't help that he was still chained to Areisha. Fortunately, after the two long months, their punishment ended yesterday. He wanted to get rid of his body's tenderness before they leave tomorrow for Arktis with some sleep.

However, the movements on his bed never ceased and he sat up, groaning. After turning on the lamp-crima on his bedside table, he looked to find his Draelings bouncing on his bed. When they realized he was awake they paused and stared up at him. His Draelings were not an exception to his irritated glares. The three ignored it though.

"What?" he said. "You guys know I'm supposed to be resting."

They roared quietly at him before Midnight jumped down his bed. A few moments later, he came back and sat a glowing object on his covers. Sleepiness left him at once as he reached for the journal the Gue had given him.

"Pruf."

The same blue light the first time he held it in his hand emitted from it and illuminating his features. A few moments later, the Gue popped out from the leather cover in a ball of sparkles. Alec raised a brow at it when the creature twirled on the tips of its oval feet and released another "pruf." To his surprise it floated to his neck and hugged his collar with its triangular arms. Despite its adorable actions, it failed to lighten his mood. He was used to being awaken early in the morning. Rousing in the middle of the night was a different matter.

"What do you want?" Alec said. The Gue broke away and glared, and then it stuck its tongue at him. "You can't expect me to be nice when you wake me up in middle of the fu―night!"

Kosmos! Kreis, I'm starting to use your profanities, he thought.

The journal floating in front of him snapped him out of his thoughts. The Gue landed on top of it before drifting to the door. It hovered close to the golden knob before the door swung open on its own. His Draelings followed after the Gue as it passed the gap.

When he finished cursing his aching body and putting on his sandals he ran after them. He tried to make his footsteps quiet as he descended the stairs, taking two steps at a time until he reached the ground floor. His speed gave him time to watch the Gue open the entrance. A groan escaped as he bit his lower lip in attempt to suppress it somehow.

Moments later, he found himself shrouded by the shadows of the trees around the dorm when he followed the four creatures. He shook his head when unpleasant memories of him and Beuen came back as the undergrowth thickened.

Even as the lush environment scratched at his skin, he continued to run while using the pale light coming from the journal as his guide. To his surprise, he emerged in a familiar clearing where he first conjured his Flame. The large Pinorin Tree stood tall and shadowed his form from the brightness of the twin moons.

His attention fell downward when he heard a growl next to him. Entiny looked up at him with her excited amber eyes before tugging at his pants with her toothless mouth. He sighed and told the Draeling to lead him to where he should go. Entiny disappeared behind the Pinorin Tree, and he stepped and hopped over its large roots to go after her. Once he did, he found the Gue and his Draelings waiting for him on the soft grass. The glowing leather journal remained hovering over the furry creature.

"Pruf," the sound came from the Gue. It hopped on top of the journal, causing it to glow a little brighter than before. It flew to a tall rock nestled between two of the tree's large roots. The light allowed him to see a plain black circle under a mossy surface. The Gue raised both of its arms and traced the ring. Alec's eyes grew big as the outline glowed and rose off the rock. The small creature pounded it back with surprising strength, before a lever jutted from the ground. His Draelings nudged him toward the earth and grass covered object when he hesitated to approach it.