Chapter 22-Fall

Icefall Academy
Arktis Skyland
Northern Space

"Alec, stay in bed," Kura demanded at him. The healer's hands landed on his shoulders in attempt to stop him from standing from his position on the edge of the bed. "You still need to rest."

"Healer Kura," Alec started as he stopped pushing against his hold, "I'll be back quickly, I promise. Besides I'm feeling much better now."

"Are you seriously arguing with a healer?" Kura said with a blank face. Alec gave him a small smile and nodded, causing the older man to sigh.

"It's urgent. I'll be back soon."

"You have one hour," Kura said.

"Two hours?" Alec bargained.

Another sigh escaped the older man before he breathed in and then out. He fixed a stone gaze at Alec.

"Insistent patients like you will start making me look older than my twenty-five years," he grumbled, sounding like a whining child. "Fine, two hours. If you're not here by then, I'll have you stay here for another day."

Alec shot to his feet and bowed at the healer and said a quick thank you. He grabbed the two books which brought surprise to his morning before walking away from the man. Entiny, Leyan, and Midnight dropped from the bed, dashing past him before squeezing themselves through the gap of the open door.

Once he stepped into the hallway, he trailed after the triplets with the books in one tight hold. When he reached the lobby after a few twists and turns, a few students of Icefall Academy stopped what they were doing and looked at him with either raised brows or wide eyes.

He ignored their gazes as he left out the door. He was perfectly aware, that the attention was due to him being a representative in Sky Games and his state of dress. His grey wool pullover was obviously not enough to ward off the freezing temperature of Arktis. When he left the warmth of infirmary, he decided against finding a jacket. He could feel the cold, but failed to bother him anyway.

His feet took careful steps on the stone stairs as he made his way down from the building etched on the side of the mountain. More eyes looked to his direction as he ran through the doors that would lead him to the balcony where their team was. After finally escaping the prying eyes, he arrived there less than a minute later.

When he did, the first to catch his attention was the giant floating crystal floating at the center of the roofless arena. He remembered it was called Cube because of its shape―a tacky name in his opinion. On one of the square surfaces, he saw a moving image of Knox atop a purple Drae as they raced around Icefall City. The wind caused the boy's hair to flatten back as they made a curve to remain on track.

The Loops Obstacle came next and Alec ended up watching with a smile, even in his rush to speak with Gael about the dark ritual.

As the players reached the metal rings, Knox mumbled something in Uriel's ears. In the next moment, the rider flattened his body against the purple Drae when it retracted its wings. Uriel spun like a tornado, allowing her to go faster through the three hoops. Her wings spread and she was flying before she hit the ground.

The shouts of the crowd filled the arena when all players passed one of the many obstacles in the race. However, his attention was taken by the sound of a loud and surprised voice.

"What are you doing here?" Areisha asked as she stared at him with a frown. The gazes of his friends and professors landed on him. Gael shot up from his seat and also frowned at him.

"Alec, you're supposed to be in bed―"

"In two hours. Well, maybe one hour and fifty minutes now," Alec cut him off. Gael gave him an incredulous look before running a hand through his hair with a sigh.