Chapter 12-Road

Because of heavy rains we were sent home early from school. Thus I got the free time to update. But after this you won't hear from me until mid-March or so...I hope you enjoy this one for now.

------

Icefall City
Arktis Skyland
Northern Space

His cerulean eyes roamed over the young boy's features. A thick mop of black hair sat atop his head as the child stared up at him with brown doe eyes. Krizton tilted his head to the right, and Alec unknowingly copied him.

Ever since he saw Krizton, a sense of familiarity had been tugging at him. As he looked down at the child, Krizton seemed to have the same look in his big eyes.

"He sneezed on me...gross," a familiar memory of laughter filled his mind. Alec's eyes grew big by a small fraction before a smile broke on his face.

"You're the kid I met in Gelun," he said. From the corner of his eye, he saw Areisha glance at him with knitted brows. He met her gaze and smiled at her, before facing Krizton's direction. The child's head had tilted a few degrees more to the right because of what he said.

"I don't think I met you before eouno," Krizton said. Alec chuckled before he bent on one knee in front of the boy. He offered a hand up at Krizton and waited for him to take it. When Krizton placed his hand on top of his palm, he pulled him close so they were a mere foot apart.

"Do you remember meeting a black Drae named Asher?" Alec asked him. Krizton's brows furrowed lightly before he looked up at the ceiling in wonder. He tapped his lower lip with his little forefinger before his face lit up in realization.

"You're Asher's friend!" he yelled in an excited voice. Taking Alec by surprise, Krizton stepped forward and cupped his face in his small hands. The child then moved his face from side to side while his eyes roamed his features. Alec couldn't help but join Areisha's laughter at what the little boy was doing. "You're the kind eouno who wiped Asher's saliva off when he sneezed on me."

Krizton had a huge grin on his face, making him even more adorable than he initially was. He bounced on the balls of his feet, creating thuds on the wooden flooring, while at the same spinning 360 degrees.

"Where is Asher? Is he doing well? Has he gotten bigger? Does he still sneeze on people? Will he still remember me if he sees me?" Krizton asked him. Alec blinked while Areisha smiled. He shook his head before ruffling Krizton's thick hair.

"Asher's with his Draeyer. He's doing well. He doesn't sneeze on people but he likes licking their faces. And I'm sure he still remembers you," Alec said. A silence lingered in the air, while Krizton looked up at him with his mouth ajar. He only chuckled when boy dashed forward and wrapped his small arms around his neck. His eyes closed as the boy's arms tightened around him, and the feeling he got felt foreign but nice.

A few seconds later, Krizton broke away with the same grin on his face. "You forgot to answer if he's still the same size," he said. Alec joined Areisha as they both released a round of loud laughter. Without thinking much of it, Alec wrapped his arms around the boy before cradling him in one arm. The boy laughed at him.

"Where's your father? He might get angry like last time if he sees you with me?" Alec said. A saddened expression crossed over the child's face before he gave him a slight nod.

"Ever since we moved here he's always busy with work," he said. "My babysitter left me with my Draeling for a while because she said she had an emergency. But Elvyra went outside so I followed. Elvyra likes to play hide and seek, but I can never find her."

"Where is she now?" Areisha asked. She stepped forward and took one of Krizton's small hands in hers. Once again, Alec saw her smile. A few months ago, when he was around, it was very hard for her to smile because she saw him as the bastard that she called him often. Lately though, she smiled more and their shift from enemies to friends was an unspoken truth between them. The thought brightened his own smile.