Chapter 9-Gone Wild

Icefall Academy
Arktis Skyland
Northern Space

"Why are you all yelling? I can hear you from all the way down the hall," he said. The argument ahead of him ceased after he spoke.

"Alec!" he heard Solana yell with glee. A small smile formed on his face when the blonde ran up to meet him. He ended up chuckling when he saw her eyes bulge out of their sockets. While watching her shocked expression, he reached out and brushed a lock of hair away from her cheek.

Meanwhile, his Draelings went through unnoticed and to the seats on the balcony.

"With the way you yell, you make it sound like you haven't seen me for a long time," he said. However, she ignored his remark and continued staring at him with her mouth ajar.

"You're...hair," she said. Alec looked away and unconsciously ran a hand through his now short locks. His hair was as short as Knox's. His head literally felt lighter, and he could feel the wind blow past his ears. It was cut a lot shorter than he wanted but Gael said it was to prevent his hair from obscuring his vision for the game tomorrow. He flinched out of his thoughts when Solana shrieked. "Isha, doesn't he look even more handsome?"

Alec blinked before he felt his face heat up. His eyes flew to Areisha and the brunette turned away to sit back down. Solana hugged him for a brief moment before grabbing on to his wrist. As she dragged him with her, his eyes landed on a young man with white streaks on his black hair. He was wearing their team uniform, causing him to knit his brows in confusion. They looked to be the same age and the young man was sending him a menacing glare. His dark brown gaze went to Solana's hand clamped around Alec's wrist.

As his gaze ran over the person's features, his feet rooted to the ground when he was a mere two feet away. Holy Blazen, he thought. He gently pried Solana's hand away from his wrist and faced the young man.

"Lord Winguard," Alec said. He bowed at the waist and maintained his position. "It's a pleasure to be in the presence of our future Skylord."

"Rise," the lord said. When Alec straightened, Cyanz crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Don't bow. Address me as Cyanz. Right now, I'm just a student like you."

"If that's what my lord wishes," Alec said, despite his hesitance.

"So...why would an Arktin choose to attend school in Draeyer Academy instead of here?"

Alec hesitated for a brief moment, and glanced at Solana from the corner of his eye. "My guardian is a professor in Draeyer Academy. He wanted me close so he could look after me."

The frown on the young lord eased a bit, but not enough for it to go unnoticed. He gave a curt nod after before his dark brown eyes scanned down the clothes he was donned in. "I'll take my leave," Cyanz said. "I have to change back to my original attire."

Alec was about to bow, only to remember the lord's request. He settled for nodding and moved aside to let the young man through. Cyanz's long hair swished as he walked away, eventually disappearing around the corner.

He looked down when he felt a tug on the sleeve of his black coat and met Solana's question-filled gaze. "Is that guy really the future Skylord of Arktis?" she asked. Alec nodded.

"He's Cyanz von Winguard," he said. His feet moved to find a seat and he settled for one next to Solana. Areisha was seated to his right, and his eyes fell downward to the white creature on top of Emera. He ignored the little thing since it was only sleeping and wouldn't bother him for the moment. As his mind recalled Cyanz appearance earlier, his brows scrunched. "Why was Lord Cyanz wearing our team uniform?"