The Wolf's Bait ~ Chap 16: Engulfed

Okay! So here you go Bait Mates!

I just want to say that this is officially one of my most favorite chapters! It's so full of uhm... well, drama? I dunno, but the last part was really awesome! I got so excited writing this! 

I hope you enjoy reading it as well! Don't forget to spread the word about TWB since I would like to use it as an oppurtunity to get published :P

So yeah, message, comment, fan, add to your library, and even vote! Please do vote! I really need them to get noticed so yeah :P Thanks guys!

I also want to prove to some of the haters here about my writing... Apparently, some people here think I'm not good enough. it's sad really -_- Pshh, being a good writer doesn't entitle you to bring down others! That's one thing I'll never do to any of you, it hurts to get your life's work trashed by someone else, and I wouldn't ever let that happen to you guys! I love you guys :)

So yeah, enough of my rants :P haha... ENJOY! ;) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chap 16: Engulfed~

~Autumn’s POV~

I ran in the woods, my face hitting several branches which hurt like tiny prickling needles on my skin. It was almost pitch black and the cold air whipped my face with such intensity. The moon provided poor lighting as well and there were no stars visible… I had to rely on my instincts tonight.

From the corners of my eyes, I could see blurry shadows gaining in on me… they were so near now, I could almost smell the hunger from their breaths. It was sick and menacing, I wanted to get away from them… but they were almost too close to me now, if I slow down, I could get—

The pain I felt was unlike any other.

It engulfed me like a thousand blades, digging and digging deeper, as if to take something inside me. I shrieked as the pain shattered my soul, I’d consider myself lucky if I died right now… but I didn’t.

The pain just grew and grew, until—

“Autumn.” Said a voice inside my head.

“What the heck?!?” I said as I jerked my eyes open, almost falling off of Asher’s back.

“Autumn, you were having a nightmare… I woke you up.” Said Asher’s voice in my head.

“Are you for real? Or wait, am I still dreaming?” I pinched myself to find out. Ouch, okay, I was definitely awake.

“You were Tsch’ned by the Elder Willowfangs.” He said again in my mind.

“But how can I hear you in my head?”

“Myrkos gave you a psychic charm… she linked our minds together. But it’s only temporary so we need to hurry up.”

“Holy!” I said as I ducked a low branch. Ash maneuvered it quickly, causing me to hold on tightly to his fur… due to the sudden turn, I almost fell off the ground but to my surprise, I didn’t. Instead, I glowed and stayed perfectly on top of Asher as he did a quick jump to avoid a small pond of water.

“How in the world did that happen?” I asked incredulously.

“That was a protective charm. Solentin infused you with air spirits to protect you from falling off.”

“So that’s what the light was for!” I said in realization.

“Yeah, that’s what it’s for.” Asher said telepathically.