The Wolf's Bait ~ Chap 8: Monster

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload! -___-

I slept in last night cause I had to many papers :P

Sorry! So yeah, What's up?And hmmm... where do I start? Oh yeah, THANK YOU A BAJILLION TIMES for all the comments and the reads!!!

I honestly can't tell you how ecstatic I am right now! woohoo!

I made it to the what's hot list again! So thanks! I hope we could get in the top 10 or something someday :D Help me guys? :>

So here we go... Expect a bit of Wolf History, and a bit of drama as well. ahaha :D So there you go...

Enjoy! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~CHAP 8: Monster~

~Autumn’s POV~

I saw his eyes widen as I pushed a totem pole at him. We were supposed to be acting, but his push didn’t even seem like acting at all. Maybe he was still bitter from earlier… erm… well, he had a right to, but still… my bum hurt so bad! Okay, so apparently, totem poles weren’t that heavy. Or maybe I was just angry and all.

WHAT THE HECK?!?” Bryce said as he quickly rolled to his side, the totem pole missing him by an inch or so. “Are you trying to kill me?!?” he exclaimed wildly.

“You started it!” guilt filling me as I saw a few women throw scared looks at me. Heck, even children started crying.

“When did I ever huh?” he said, as if really trying to remember.

Wow, so he was really good at acting. Like, really good. Judging from the looks of the people around us, we seemed sort of believable. I can’t believe my plan worked! Well, if Asher hadn’t orchestrated our actions, I would’ve had given us away.

“Don’t play dumb on me!” I said as I picked up a pole, and then threw it at him.

“Are you crazy?!?” he dictated, approaching me.

“It was you wolves who chased me down a cliff!” I said pointing at the crowd themselves. “It was you wolves, who almost ate me!” I said, eyeing each one of them. “And it was you wolves who took my life away!”

Okay. So I gotta admit… that was kind of real… well honestly, anyone in my position would certainly agree that one wouldn’t need acting to say those words. I mean, come on. This has been a pretty tiring week. They threw this whole wolf crap at me, and they expect me to actually live through it for the rest of my life? I mean, really? They’ve got to be kidding me.

“Well you’re the one who’s gonna cut our lineage... with your being human and all.” Bryce said bitterly.

“Trust me, I’d rather be really dead than mother a child that came from selfish monsters like you…” I said. Okay, well that was a foul.

All of a sudden, different looks were thrown at me… some of guilt, some of confusion, some of anger… and some of bitterness? Well I knew I crossed the line back there, but I was really desperate to cut off my connections with them as early as now, before it’s too late… before I actually feel sympathy for them.

“Well it was you humans who threw us off into the forest!” someone bitterly said.

“It was you who used us for entertainment!”

“You bit back the hand that fed you!”

“Momma, are they gonna hurt us again?”

“It was you, you wanderers, who massacred nature to build your… your… buildings! It was you who destroyed the earth!”