The Wolf's Bait ~ Chap 15: The Lone Wolf (Part 2)

Okay! So here's part two of TWB!

Check out the bottom part of my Author's note for a Really REALLY important announcement! :P

Thanks for being such loyal Bait Mates! Truly appreciate it! ;)

Picture is of Asher on the right ;)

Message, comment, like, fan, add to your library, or even Vote! ;) Love you guys ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chap 15: The Lone Wolf  (Part 2)~

~Autumn’s POV~

“Yeah, I’ll come with you to visit him later.” Lill said as replied to Shawn. “Uhm, yeah, love you babe. Bye.”

“What did he say?”

“He wants to visit Jared later… the doctor said he’s conscious now… Want to come with?”

“Nah. I promised my mom I’ll help her with some things back in the garage.” I lied, trying to ignore the images of Jared’s surreal wounds. Mom wasn’t really home since she left yesterday for a sudden business trip but I don’t care, it was the only excuse I could think of at that time.

“Uhmm… okay, sure.” She said catching me cringe a bit. It’s so typical for her to read my every move. She knew I was making up excuses.

Just as I braced myself for further questions to check if I was okay, I was shocked instead when she inquired about Bryce.

“What?” I suddenly blurted out. It totally caught me off guard.

“Oh never mind. I thought that since you guys are close and all yo—”

I cut Lillian off. “We’re not close.”

“Okay okay, chill babe.” She said patting my back.

She’s right, I was being bitchy. I shouldn’t have snapped at her, she was only taking care of me.

“I’m sorry.” I muttered, feeling incredibly stupid.

“I know.” She simply smiled. “You’ve been through a lot lately.”

“How did you know?”

“I can tell by the way you’ve been acting lately. You seem a bit… off these days.”

“You could tell?”

“Aside from the obvious bags under your eyes?” she teased. I just rolled my eyes in response. She’s right, I haven’t been sleeping these past few days… but she continued. “Besides, from how you’ve been treating Bryce lately, I could tell you’re getting worked up with that thing about his dad.”

Whoa. Lillian did know me that well. That’s why it was useless to keep anything from her… she read me like an open book… well, at least she still doesn’t know about my connection to uhm… wolves… she still doesn’t know and I intend to keep it that way. I got to be more careful hiding it now…

“Uhm yeah, it’s been kind off… complicated.”

“Well, just don’t stress yourself too much. If you’re eyes get any puffier, I’ll personally kick Bryce for messing with your pretty face.”

“Thanks Lill, I won’t.” I said as I gave her a light hug. “Speaking of him, what’d you say earlier? I mean, before I acted all bitchy.”

“You’re always bitchy.” She teased.

“Hey, am not!” I said punching her lightly on the shoulder.

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes as we both laughed. “I was wondering, since you’re both clos—” she paused, probably thinking of the right word to say. “Acquainted, yeah, since you’re both acquainted, you would’ve known where he is.”