The Wolf's Bait ~ Chap 14: World's Apart

Hey Bait Mates! Once again, sorry for updating Late. AGAIN.

Darn, my punctuality. I'm really really sorry! Writer's block is creeping in on me and I can't fight it back! :< Oh despair! My midterms weren't of much help either -_- 

So, To Team Jared members out there (who are quite a few I guess) this chaps for you :P

I'm so sorry to dissappoint Team Bryce, but I really think that Autumn should at least get a taste of what she's always wanted :P HAHA! Oh! That didn't come out right :| Oh well.

BTW, here's a picture of what Jared looks like ;) haha :D Tell what you think about him 'kay? :)

So yeah, here's TWB! Enjoy Bait Mates! ;) Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chap 14: Worlds Apart~

~Autumn’s POV~

RIIIINNNGGG!!!

Wow, its 12 already? I double checked the wall clock and an hour and a half has passed. Nice. So for the whole duration of World History, I wasn’t listening to Mr. Hollace’s lecture. Oh great, that’s so nice Autumn.

I accidentally toppled over the sheets of paper on my desk and I bent over to pick them up. My eyes grew wide when I realized that the sheets that fell off had problems on derivatives. Oh! So I was doing something after all… it may not be related to the Renaissance but hey, at least I wasn’t wasting my time texting. I was doing this for a… friend. Yup, a friend.

Well… I’m not sure if Jared actually is a friend… I mean, from what I said to Bryce two days ago, Jared seemed something more than that… I liked him, and I don’t actually like him like him, but he’s someone special. Oh crap, do I like him like him?

I picked up the remaining sheets and hurriedly stuffed them in my already messy bag then headed for the door when I bumped into someone.

Bryce.

“Oh.” I said, startled at the sight of him.

What was I even supposed to say? Last time I saw him, I walked out and just left him there alone. I can’t just pretend like nothing happened… Well, I guess he deserved it for being such a jerk and acting like he owned me. I was definitely not his property… but I guess that wasn’t reason enough for me to be so rude. It was so out of character.

“Hey.” He said evenly.

“Hey.” I mumbled, copying the same tone he used.

We just looked at each other, unsure of what to say when Asher walked past us.

“Hey Autumn.” He said cheerfully as he displayed a bright smile. He looked at who I was talking to and that smile instantly faded away. He nodded at Bryce as their eyes met and hurriedly walked away from us.

Bryce scratched the back of his head and let out a heavy sigh.

“He’s still not talking to you huh?” I asked out of the blue.

“Not exactly.” He said, looking at his best friend. “We acknowledge each other’s presence, but it’s still pretty awkward.”

“Figures… well, you can’t blame him though. Would you?” I said as I let out an unexpected snort.

“Did you just snort?” he said with a raised brow.

Crap. He caught that.

“What?” I said incredulously, making my acting skills get the better of me.