chapter twenty-two || noël en juillet

a/n: hello! I'm so so sorry for disappearing! I have been busy and haven't been getting any ideas for this book. i'll try to keep updating but I won't update if it's just going to be a terrible chapter. thanks for sticking around!

Dallon's POV//

I sat up from my bed, Brendon already downstairs, and opened my phone to reveal that it was indeed Christmas morning. I really wanted to feel happy. I just wanted to drink egg nog and smile in peace like everyone else. I opened twitter and tweeted a quick Christmas message to the fans then walked downstairs to meet Brendon who was smiling happily in the living room.

"Eager to open presents?" I laughed, motioning to an excited Brendon, sitting at the base of the tree.

"Eager for you to open mine." He responded, shooting me a wink that made me question what he was thinking of.

"Merry Christmas, baby." I said, ignoring his comment and kissing his forehead before sitting down next to him.

"Merry Christmas."

He set his hot chocolate down and handed me a mug of coffee. I took a sip and allowed the hot liquid to heat up my mouth. Being with Brendon managed to tuck away my dark thoughts. I smiled at Brendon and brought his lips to mine for a kiss. My tongue began to explore his mouth but pulled away after I noticed my coffee starting to spill. I quickly wiped it off me and looked at Brendon who was laughing at me.

"Dallon, let's open presents already!" Brendon said excitedly, hopping up and searching through the gifts.

"Alright but you first." I said, handing him a medium sized box dressed in red wrapping paper.

Brendon ripped the box from my hands and started to tear it apart. He had the energy and excitement of a child. Brendon pulled out a black leather book of hundreds of photos of us. It was a timeline of our friendship turned relationship starting from my audition for the band. Creating it was practically an open invitation to every ounce of nostalgia I've ever felt. I'm always missing the past yet wishing to be in the future. It's confusing but being with Brendon makes me comfortable.

"Dallon this is perfect!" He said, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my cheek.

"I heard that I am pretty good at giving gifts." I said, pretending to be confident.

"Oh shut up." Brendon said, setting the book down. "I think you'll really enjoy my gift to you."

Brendon stood up and smiled at me before taking my hand. He looked me in the eyes with an adventurous look and I knew that the day would be an interesting one. Every day with him was exciting but I knew it would be different than usual. He quickly shook his head and gave me a faux arrogant look.

"Your gift is not going to be easy." He said. "It is something so spectacular that you need to embark and a journey with me to receive it."

"Bren, what did you do?" I asked jokingly, afraid of what he had in store for me.

"You'll love it."

"What are we doing, Bren?"

"First we are going to start off our amazing journey by going on a lunch date." He said, tossing me a jacket and already heading out the door.

Brendon's POV//

I held Dallon's hand as we walked down the empty streets of Los Angeles. One of the perks of it being Christmas was that no one was following us. I looked at Dallon who was always paying attention to the details. I watched him examine each set of Christmas lights as we passed by the stores. He was perfect. He turned his head and allowed his eyes to meet mine before smiling at me and squeezing my hand tighter.

"We're here, Dal." I said, pointing to a small diner with a 'closed for Christmas' sign on the door.

"Closed?" He questioned.

"I know people," I joked, opening the door and allowing him to walk before me inside the empty restaurant.

A young man around 20 walked up to us and led us to a table. I stared at Dallon trying to see if he knew why I took him to this specific restaurant. He was staring out the window and letting his breath fog up the glass. He stepped back and drew a small sad face on the window with his finger.

"Dallon." I said, getting his attention. "This is where we first met."

"How could I forget?" He said, taking my hand.

"I didn't know it yet but I would fall in love with you." I started to say. "You were just a guy who didn't know the songs to my band and I was just an arrogant lead singer who was wondering if his career would be ending."

"But hey you still gave me the job despite not knowing the songs so uh thanks, Bren.." He mumbled, looking down at his hands in mine.

"5 years ago I never would have thought that I could really be in love it you proved me wrong."

"Bren..."

I took my hands away from his and reached inside the pocket of my jeans. I felt the black velvet-covered box against my finger tips and that's when I began to feel nervous. I could perform in front of thousands of people but asking my boyfriend a question got to me. The butterflies began to grow in my stomach. I pulled the box out and stepped out of the booth, going on my one knee. His jaw dropped and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know this is all very rushed and it's definitely far from perfect but hey neither are we..." I put together. "But I just want you to be mine for the rest of my life..."

"Bren-" He stammered out.

"Will you marry me?" I asked him, heart in my hand.

"God damn it I love you," He managed to say, pulling me in to kiss him. "Yes."

"I was hoping you'd say that." I said, placing the ring on his finger.

He wrapped his arms around me and began to run his fingers through my hair. He pulled me closer to him and let his lips collide with mine. He was finally all mine. We could be happy together and never have to worry about losing each other. He was going to be my husband.

a/n: hello everyone! I'm back with another exciting chapter! I finally wrote the proposal! sorry for all the fluff lately, drama is coming (idk if that's a good or bad thing). Make sure to drop a comment telling me how you feel about this chapter and please remember to vote and share! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay strong, stay safe, stay alive :)