chapter fourteen ||

Brendon's POV//

I hadn't seen Dallon is three weeks and it was hitting me hard. I had been calling him daily and sending him countless texts but he wasn't responding. He'd give the occasional one word text back but nothing more. I needed to see him. If not, I was going to go crazy.

I got my stuff together and got in my car to drive to Dallon's house. I had already gotten him flowers and a coffee from Starbucks to give to him. It took around a half an hour with LA traffic to get to his house. I hopped out of my car and walked up the pathway to his house.

I knocked on the front door and stepped back from the welcome mat. He didn't answer. I knocked for the second time and again no answer. I was beginning to get worried since I saw his car in front so I knew he was home.

"Dal?" I called, "It's me, Bren!"

No response. I wasn't originally going to go inside his house without his permission but I could tell that he wasn't okay. I walked over to the potted plant on his porch and took the spare key from it. I unlocked the door and stepped inside his house.

Dallon wasn't anywhere downstairs. I walked in towards his kitchen and set the flowers and coffee on the table. I walked and looked around the downstairs floor to see if Dallon was anywhere.

"Dal? Are you okay?" I said, worried.

"Mhmm." I heard a mumble coming from upstairs.

I ran up the stairs and frantically searched for my boyfriend. He wasn't in the first two rooms so I ran to his bedroom which was the farthest down the hall. I stepped inside and my heart immediately broke.

tw// eating disorders, self harm, etc. be safe.

On the bed, curled up in a ball with tear stained eyes, was a man that could not possibly be Dallon Weekes. This man couldn't have been more than 120 pounds, was extremely pale, and had tears stained into his cheeks. This just couldn't have been Dallon.

"Hey Bren," the tear stained man said, "I missed you."

"Oh Dallon." I cried, running over to him on the bed.

I held him in my arms as I began to sob. How could I have let him do this to himself. He was so broken and frail. I went to squeeze him up against me more and instead of feeling the warmth of his body, I felt a cool and hollow shell of what used to be Dallon. Tears streamed down my face.

Dallon looked up at me and gave me the smallest and saddest smile I'd ever seen. He looked miserable.

"Brendon." Dallon managed out. "Don't cry about me."

"Why did you do this to yourself?" I choked out, tears dropping into his side as I held him.

"I just want you to think I'm pretty."

"Dallon, you're so so beautiful." I looked down. "You didn't need to do this. You were so gorgeous before."

He didn't think I thought he was beautiful. God, it was all my fault. I should've showed him more affection and told him how much I love him. I shouldn't have let him isolate himself for this long. This was all my fault.

"Baby, we gotta get you to the hospital." I whispered, picking him up.

"No, I'm fine." he argued.

"No Dal." I said, somewhat stern. "I wasn't there for you before so I'm making the most of right now."

I picked him up and carried him to the couch in his living room downstairs. He tried to resist but he was so fragile that it didn't do anything. I got my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans and dialed 911.

"Hello, 911, what's your emergency?" the lady on the other side of the line said in a monotone voice.

"My friend-uh boyfriend- has been starving himself and is in extreme conditions."

"Can you go into more detail?"

"He just needs to go to a hospital. His breathing his getting quick and I think he's going to have a panic attack and pass out."

"Okay, I'm sending an ambulance right now." she said. "Are there any preexisting trips regarding his eating disorder that we should know about?"

"Well, he had a panic attack a little over a month ago and we found out that he hadn't been eating much so they put him on a diet plan that I thought he was following."

"Alright, thank you."

"I just don't get it." I said, hanging up the call.

I held Dallon tight against my chest, trying to calm him down. Before I could process what was happening, he passed out cold on the couch. The ambulance arrived seconds after he passed out. The medics ran in and carried Dallon on a stretcher to the ambulance. I was allowed to ride with them to the hospital. His eyes began to blink open as he looked up at me with the blinding white lights of the car shining.

"Bren, I'm fine." he whimpered. "What are they going to even do?"

"Dal, you passed out and I didn't know what to do."

We pulled up to the pairing lot less than ten minutes later. It broke my heart watching Dallon helplessly lie on the stretcher for the ride there. The medics took him inside the hospital via wheelchair since he was awake now and I was forced to wait in the waiting room while they spoke to him privately. There was nothing they could really do for anorexia except for enter him into a recovery center and put him on another diet plan.

"Mr.Urie? You're allowed to come inside now." Said a middle aged woman, motioning me down the hall.

She lead me to the last room on the floor and opened the door to reveal Dallon emotionless on the bed. He was just staring at the wall. Normal if he stared off into space, you could tell he was thinking deeply about something, but now he was impossible to read. He don't look like he was doing anything at all. He looked blank.

"Oh, Dal." I said, rushing over to him and pulling him into a hug.

I was careful not to hold him too tight because he felt like he could break at any moment. His ocean blue eyes weren't luminous like usual. Instead, they were dark and dead. His eyebags were a deep purple, almost black, color. The rest of his face was hollow and pale. He didn't look like himself.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled.

"Baby, don't be sorry. We're gonna make you better."

"Ok so I have decided that the wisest thing for us to do is enter Dallon into an anorexia and bulimia recovery center." The woman interrupted.

"Bulimia?" I replied, surprised.

"Yes. Dallon not only was starving himself but also forced himself to vomit what else was in his stomach."

"I don't need a recovery center! I'm fine!" Dallon argued.

"Baby-" I began.

"No! I just want to look pretty." he sighed. "I'm tired of being the one no one looks at."

"You're beautiful, Dallon. Why would you think that I don't think you're the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen?"

"Alright, so Dallon will be entered into SCED recovery center starting Monday." the lady said. "The quicker you get recover, the quicker you get to go home."

"I'm sorry baby but you need this." I said to Dallon as the doctor left the room. "I just love you so much and I need you to get healthy again."

"I'll get better for you." he looked down at his lap.

"I love you, Dallon."

"I love you."

a/n: hello again! woah really emotional chapter! these past few chapters haven't been great but it's okay because I have some exciting ideas for a few chapters later. I hope you enjoyed this and vote & comment! Be safe, stay strong & live on.