The Second Suspect

Another month went by smoothly, which meant Emily had only four weeks until she was going to pop.
She was pissy all the time, moody and a pain in the ass. The best part was, she knew it herself.

It was August, one of the hottest months, and that day, Emily was just not having it.
She woke up grumpy and for the rest of the day, she felt like it was just going downhill.
"Morning sweetheart," Aaron said and kissed her head.
"Ugh," she sighed angrily.
Her back hurt, she was sweaty, and she was big.
"What now?" he asked.
"I can't get up," Prentiss complained.
He chuckled, then helped her sit up.
"Quit laughing at me," she snapped at him.
"I'm sorry," he said back, trying to hide a smile.
"You know, this is your fault," she told him and started walking to the bathroom.
"How?" he wanted to know, and followed her carefully. Aaron kept one hand on her back, just in case.
"Your sperm, your baby," she said then shut the door on him.
He though for a moment.
"Yeah, well, your uterus, your baby," Hotch said back.
She opened the door.
"Good one, Aaron," she said sarcastically and started to get changed.
He helped her get changed into her maternity work clothes then walked her downstairs for breakfast.
"Hi Mom," Jack said when she entered the kitchen.
"Good morning sweetheart," she said and kissed his head.
"No kiss for me?" Aaron teased her.
"I believe a kiss is what led to this," she said and pointed down to her belly.
He smirked and shook his head.
Jack however was extremely confused.
"So if Daddy kisses you, a baby is put in your belly?" the child asked.
Emily nodded.
"Something like that," she said and then got a glass of water.
After breakfast, Jack got on the bus, and the two agents headed off to the BAU.

While they were in the elevator, Hotch noticed how uncomfortable Prentiss was.
"Em, are you okay?" he asked full of concern.
She looked at him.
"Yeah, I'm fine," she said and then walked out of the elevator.
"I think you should start your maternity leave before the baby is born," he told her as they entered the BAU.
"No way, I'm staying here until my water breaks," she told him once she reached her desk.
"Emily," he said seriously.
"Aaron," she said back in the same tone. He gave her a look.
"Sweetheart, I'll be fine," she assured him.
"Hotch," Dave called from his office.
"Fine, but we're talking about it later. I love you," he said and leaned in to kiss her.
"Love you too," Emily said back and sat down.
Once Hotch walked away, Morgan said,
"Love you too, sweetheart," in a teasing manner.
She threw a pen at him, but he ducked.
"Missed," he told her.
As he said it, she threw another pen and hit him right in the face.
"Bullseye," she said and smiled.
"If you weren't carrying our boss' child, I'd throw one back," he told her.
"Oh please, you wouldn't dare," she joked around with him.
"Just wait until you come back from maternity leave," he said.
She smiled.
JJ walked by them,
"We have a local case," she said and made her way up to the round table room.

Once everyone was there, Penelope started by saying that it was a gruesome case.
"Emily, you might want to sit this one out," she warned.
"Why?" Prentiss asked.
"Because all three victims were at least seven months pregnant," Garcia explained.
"Penelope I'll be fine," the brunette said, surprising everyone, including herself.
Penelope slowly pulled up the picture of three women.
They were all laying on their backs and it looked like their baby bellies were cut off. There was blood everywhere. Apparently the victims were raped as well. Garcia looked around and could see how disgusted everyone was.
"This is awful," JJ stated.
"Did any of the babies survive?" Reid wanted to know.
"Yes. The latest victim was Carla Baker. She was nine months when she was killed, but the husband found her almost as soon as she was murdered. He's a doctor, so he quickly delivered the baby," Garcia said.
Hotch glanced over at Emily and saw her picking at her nails and looking away.
Once Garcia finished the briefing, they went out to the local detectives office.
"Emily," Hotch called as she walked out of the room.
She turned around.
"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" he asked seriously.
"Of course. I have you to protect me," she said and kissed his cheek.