Elaine Hotchner

The next morning, Emily woke up and found herself alone and naked in her bed. Then, she heard the shower water turn on, so she decided to join Aaron.
"I was hoping you'd wake up," Hotch said when he saw Emily.
After they showered, they got dressed then Emily headed to Jack's room to wake him up while Hotch went downstairs to make breakfast.
"Jack honey, it's time to get up," Emily said softly. The boy mumbled something and then turned away.
"Cmon, Daddy is making us pancakes," Prentiss said and rubbed his arm. Suddenly Jack's eyes shot open when he recognized whose voice he was listening to.
"Mommy," he turned over and screamed. He jumped up to give her a hug.
"How's the baby?"
"Good," Emily said and rested a hand on her belly.
"Woah, it got bigger!" Jack exclaimed and touched her stomach as well.
"Yeah, the baby grows nonstop," Emily informed him.
"I know I haven't met the baby yet, but I already love him or her," Jack said sweetly.
"You're going to be an amazing big brother," Emily said with a smile. Then she took his hand and the two went downstairs for breakfast.
"Daddy, did you see the baby?" Jack asked excitedly.
"Yeah," Hotch said and walked over to hug Emily. Then his hands went lower and to her abdomen.
"Hello there, Princess, how are you this morning?" he asked her belly.
"Princess?" Prentiss asked with a smile.
Aaron looked up and said,
"I have a feeling it's going to be a girl."
"I wouldn't mind a boy," Emily stated.
"Why's that?" Hotch asked.
"You know, so Jack could have a little brother to play with. Plus, you remember what it was like with Aidan," Emily said, even though that wasn't the real reason she wanted a boy. It wasn't that she was hoping for a boy, she just wasn't hoping for a girl. After everything that happened with her first daughter, she didn't think she could trust herself with another girl.
"Either way, we're going to love it the same," Aaron said and shot Emily a smile. She returned the smile and then looked over at Jack.
"What do you think it is?" she asked.
The boy shrugged.
"I don't know," he said utterly confused.
"We'll do you want a little brother or sister?" Emily asked.
"Both," Jack stated happily.
"Very funny, but you're only getting one," Emily stated.
Hotch laughed a little and wrapped an arm around Emily.
"Are you sure only one?" he asked, even though he was just kidding and trying to get a reaction from her.
She smiled at him and shook her head.
"Not funny," she said back.
He leaned down and kissed her cheek.
"Okay, Jack, what kind of pancakes do you want?" Hotch asked and walked away from Emily.

After breakfast, Aaron dropped his son off at school then returned home to find Emily on the couch with the tv on.
"You're not going to work?" she asked.
"How could I, knowing you're here all alone?" he asked and joined her on the couch. She smiled and leaned on him as he put an arm around her.
"How was your trip?" he asked.
"Good. It was relaxing," she told him.
"Listen, I'm really sorry about everything that happened before-"
"Aaron, nothing happened before that you should be apologizing about. Okay? My trip had nothing to do with you," she assured him.
He nodded but didn't seem so sure.
"Why don't you move in with me?" he offered.
"Don't I already live here?" she asked with a smile.
"Yeah, but you still have stuff at your old apartment. You could move in with me and Jack and we could make it official," he said.
She looked up at him a bit unsure of what to do.
"We don't have to decide now. I just want you to think about it, and know that that option is open. This will always be your home," he told her.
She looked up at him and only saw love and compassion in his eyes.
"Yes," she said back.
"Yes?"
"Yes, let's move in together," she told him.
He leaned down to kiss her then he said,
"We're going to have to tell the team about everything first," he stated.
"Why?" she asked.
"Because if you want their help moving things I think they deserve to know what's going on. You've been hiding your pregnancy for four months and not to be mean, but I don't think you'll be able to hide it much longer," he said and poked at her stomach.
She looked down.
Even in a big t shirt, the baby belly was a little visible.
She put a hand on her stomach and sighed.
"I guess you're right."
He smiled.
"Can it wait till next week though?" she asked.
"Of course."

The two of them just stayed on the couch until Jack came home. Then they did some reading and had dinner.
That night, Jack was able to talk to the baby. He was in his parents room on their bed with them.
"Jack, we're going to grandmas for dinner tomorrow," Aaron told him.
"Hear that baby? You're going to meet grandma tomorrow. She's old but really nice," he said which made both adults laugh a little.
"Okay, time to say goodnight," Hotch said.
Jack nodded and kissed Emily's belly and then his mother and father.
"Goodnight," he called and went to his room.
"Night," the agents said back in unison.
That night, both Aaron and Emily fell asleep almost immediately.
They were both tired because let's just say they didn't just cuddle on the couch that day. They had the whole house to themselves and took advantage of that time.

The next day the little family laid low until four. Hotch got everyone in the car and then drove off to his mother's. He could sense that Emily was nervous, so he reached over and grabbed her hand.
"You'll be fine, she doesn't bite," he said with a chuckle.
"Easy for you to say, you're her son," Emily pointed out.
"She's going to love you," Aaron assured her. Prentiss gave him a weak smile then looked or the window.

When they arrived, they got out of the car and walked up to the house as a family. Jack was holding Emily's hand and Aaron was carrying the salad they brought. Elaine greeted them at the door and Jack let go of Emily's hand and ran right into his grandmothers arms.
"Grandma!" he screamed and hugged her.
"How's my Jackie boy doing?" she asked.
"Great!" Jack said, happily.
"Why don't you go head inside, and let me meet your father's friend," Elaine said. Jack nodded and ran off to find some toys. He found a coloring book and got started on that.
"Mom," Aaron said happily and hugged the woman.
"I'm so glad you came," she responded with.
He smiled then stepped back and put an arm around Emily.
"This is-"
"Emily," Elaine said sweetly. She stepped forward and pulled Prentiss into her arms. Emily was very surprised, but she hugged the woman back.
"You have no idea how excited I was to meet you. I've heard great things about you," Elaine said.
Emily remembered her manners and said,
"Thank you for having us over. It's a pleasure to meet you too."
"Why don't we go inside," Aaron offered. Elaine nodded and backed away so Emily and Aaron could walk in.
"Did you train her to say that?" Elaine asked her son quietly.
"Her mother is an ambassador, I'm not the one who trained her," he said back.
Elaine made a face.
"You said you'd be nice," Aaron reminded her.
"I am," Elaine said in defense.
Just then Emily turned back around from taking her coat off.
"You have a lovely house," she said in a polite manner.
"Thank you sweetheart," Elaine said kindly.
Emily smiled and Hotch took off his jacket then put an arm around Emily for support. He could tell she was freaking out and nervous as hell.
Elaine's eyes wondered south on Emily and landed on her baby bump. Prentiss had on black leggings with black flats. She wore a white undershirt and a red and black plad shirt over it, but she left it unbuttoned.
"You are glowing," Elaine said and motioned toward Emily.
Prentiss smiled and thanked her.
Then, Elaine reached down and asked,
"May I?"
Emily nodded.
Elaine put her hand on Emily's stomach and smiled.
"I'm sure you're both very excited," she said.
"We are," Aaron answered.
Elaine led the two into the kitchen to find Jack at the table coloring.
"I see you found something to do," his grandma said. Jack looked up and nodded.
"Mommy," he called.
Emily looked over.
Jack held up his two pictures. They were both of him and someone else.
"This is of me and the baby. This one is if it's a boy and this one is if it's a girl," Jack said proudly.
Emily's face broke into a huge smile.
"Jack, these are perfect. We can hang them up in the baby's room," Emily said as she walked over to see what else he was coloring. Then she saw a picture that made her smile disappear.
Jack drew a picture of the whole family but there was someone in the clouds watching them.
"Honey who's that?" Emily asked and pointed to the person.
"It's Juliet," Jack said and looked up to Emily. Prentiss was taken aback. She thought it would've been Haley or someone else.
"I love it," Emily said with a sad smile.
"Jack, can I see it?" Hotch asked and stepped forward.
"Why is Juliet in the sky?" Emily asked.
"Because Daddy said she was in heaven," Jack explained.
"Who's Juliet?" Elaine asked.
"She was my daughter?" Emily said and looked over.
"Oh I'm sorry for your loss," Elaine said sincerely.
"Thanks," Prentiss said back with a smile.
"How old was she?" Elaine asked.
"She was twelve," Emily told her.
Before anyone could say anything else, Hotch asked,
"So Mom, what's for dinner?"