Even More Surprises

A week after getting the dog, Emily had a doctors appointment. It was going to be her first official ultra sound.
That Friday night, Aaron had a big plan to make that night even more special for Emily.

"Aaron, are you ready?" Prentiss called.
Hotch looked up from his desk and nodded. Emily shot him a smile which he returned. Then he got up and grabbed his stuff.
"Let's go see our baby," he said and took a hold of her hand.
"Where are you two off to?" Rossi asked the agents that were basically running out of the building.
"Doctor's appointment," Hotch said and kept walking.
They got in the car, and made their way to the hospital.
"So, what can we see at eighteen weeks?" Emily asked him.
"A lot. We can actually learn the gender of you want," he informed her.
She shook her head.
"I don't want to know it, until it's born."
"But if you knew the gender, then it could help you from calling our child an it," he said back.
She just looked over at him and gave him a sad look.
"I want it to be a surprise," she told him.
"Okay, then we'll tell the doctor before she begins," Hotch told her reassuringly and took a hold of her hand. Emily just closed her eyes and tilted her head back. She was super stressed about this appointment and she hated it, because she knew stress could hurt the baby.
"Sweetheart, calm down. Everything is going to be okay," he told her softly.
"I'm just really anxious," she told him truthfully.
"Don't worry, when we get home, I'll give you a nice bath and some other grown up things to make you feel better and release the tension," he told her with a sly smile playing on his lips.
"Aren't those grown up things the reason we're here?" she asked him with a grin.

Once they entered the hospital, Emily's heart started to race. She hated hospitals even if they were there for a good reason. They always made her feel trapped. Hotch could sense it, so he slipped an arm around her and walked her to the front desk. After they signed in and were called back, Emily got even more nervous.
"Hey, you okay?" he asked quietly.
"What if something's wrong?" Prentiss asked him with so much fear in his eyes.
"Nothing is-"
"What if I killed this one too because I wasn't good enough-"
He kissed her.
"You need to stop thinking like this. You're going to be a great mother. Please just take a deep breath," Aaron said with both of his arms still on her. She nodded quickly and he pulled her into a big hug.
"Are you ready?" he asked.
She nodded.
They entered the room and the doctor had Emily sit down.
They talk for a while about her progress and how the baby was already moving a bit.
"Okay, I'm going to have you lie down now," the doctor said. Her name was Doctor Jackson.
She pulled Emily's shirt up a bit and then squirted some gel on her rounded baby belly. Aaron watched Emily's face change from scared to surprised at the new feeling. He reached over and took a hold of her hand.
Then Dr. Jackson put the wand on Emily and started moving it around.
Instantly, Prentiss got tense.
"Emily, take a deep breath," the doctor ordered. Prentiss did as she was told.
"You know, stress isn't good for the baby," Dr. Jackson said seriously.
Both parents nodded.
"Mr. Hotchner I'd advised you to try and keep her as stress free as possible. It could really affect the baby and I know you don't want that," she said.
Aaron nodded.
The doctor brought over a screen to show the expecting couple the child they made together.
"Do you want to know the sex?"
Emily shook her head so Hotch said,
"No thanks."
"Okay, well, it looks like your baby is as healthy as can be. There are no problems at all. So just keep doing what you're doing and stay relaxed," the doctor said primarily looking at Emily.
She nodded.
"How many copies do you want?" the doctor asked.
"What?" Emily asked.
"She means pictures. Can we have four please," he said.
The doctor nodded. Then she cleaned Emily off and walked out to get the sonogram photos for them to take home. When she walked out, Aaron looked down to find Emily in tears.
"What's wrong?" he wanted to know.
She didn't answer.
"Emily, didn't you hear her. The baby is perfectly fine."
Prentiss just shook her head.
He reached over to wipe her tears and ended up kissing her head.
"I love you so much," he told her.
"Aaron," she said softly.
"What is it sweetheart?" he asked.
"I don't know why I'm crying, and it's scaring me," she said and he chuckled.
"Ahh the pregnancy hormones are finally getting to you. I guess Emily Prentiss isn't as indestructible as we thought," he said playfully.
She shot him a smile then got up. She walked over to give him a hug and when she breathed in his scent, it's like everything was better. He had this way of making her feel like nothing bad could ever happen to her.
"I love you too," she finally said back just as the doctor walked in.

After the appointment, instead of going home, Aaron started driving somewhere else.
"What are you doing? The house is that what," she told him.
He just smiled at her.
Then suddenly some surroundings were familiar and she started getting excited. He pulled up to the little Italian restaurant where they had their first date, and where he brought Emily, Jack and Juliet just last year.
"What's going on?" she asked him.
"Just thought you deserved a night out," he told her. She looked over at him and smiled.
"I knew I kept you around for a reason," she said and got out of the car. He followed her and grabbed her hand as they walked in. Emily's eyes lit up when she saw Elaine and Jack sitting at a table waiting for them.
"Did you plan this?" Prentiss wanted to know. Hotch just shrugged and guided her to her table.
"Mommy!" Jack squealed excitedly.
"Hey buddy," she said and kissed his head. After greeting them, they sat down.
"Jack, do you want to see a picture of the baby?" Aaron asked.
The boy nodded.
Hotch whipped out the sonogram picture and showed his mother and son.
"That's my little sister?" Jack asked.
"Well, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl," Emily told him.
"I want a little sister," Jack said sweetly.
"Why's that?" Prentiss asked.
"Because I already have Henry and he's like my little brother. A little sister would be cute and fun to play with and annoy."
All the adults laughed at what he said, especially the last part.

The night just kept getting better and better. They ended their dinner with four pieces of chocolate cakes. Then, after Aaron paid, he wanted to take his family on a walk like they always had when they went there.
The streets were pretty empty that night, and Aaron was glad. He had his hand interlocked with the woman he loved and his son and mother were just behind them.
"Daddy, I'm tired," Jack complained.
"Maybe we should turn around," Prentiss offered and stopped walking.
Hotch nodded.
Emily turned around and was about to start heading the other way.
"Wait," Aaron stepped in front of her blocking her from moving.
It was now or never.
Slowly, he got down on one knee and took Emily's left hand in his.
Her eyes widened and she started to say, "What are you doing-"
She stopped in the middle of her sentence when he shot her a nervous smile.