Are You Cheating

Emily woke up the next morning to find she was all alone. Prentiss made her way to the bathroom and when she walked out, Aaron was just getting back.
"Where were you all night?" she demanded to know.
"I was helping Sara," he said.
"With what?!" she nearly yelled at him.
"We were just working on the case, I promise," he said and walked over it give her a hug. She accepted it, but didn't say anything.
"Are you almost ready to go?" he asked when he pulled away.
She nodded.
The two of them made their way back out and to the local police station where Sara waited for them.

The agents took a seat around the table and continued to work.
"Hey, Em," JJ said.
The brunette looked over.
"I know this is a dumb question, but were you out drinking last night?"
Emily gave JJ a face that screamed no.
"What? Why would-"
"Reid said he saw you and Hotch down at the hotel bar at like two in the morning," Jennifer explained.
"I didn't go to the bar at all. But Aaron told me he was going somewhere to meet up with Sara," Emily told her.
"Oh, maybe Spence thought he saw you guys, but really just saw another couple."
"Or Aaron was out at the bar with Sara," Emily said and looked over to Hotch and the woman she grew to dislike.
"Hotch," Reid called.
"I think I found something," the genius added as his boss walked over.
Sara followed him and Reid explained how the victims all went to the same coffee shop before they were killed.
Aaron had Morgan call Penelope and they found an employee that worked there and fit the profile.

All the agents headed to the suspects house, his name was Peter Stevens.
When Aaron knocked on the door, no one answered, however they heard a woman cry for help from inside.
Everyone went in teams of two around the house. Morgan was with Prentiss, Reid was with Rossi, Hotch went with Sara and JJ just trailed Morgan and Prentiss. Derek found a way in, so he, Emily, and Jennifer entered the house. Emily and JJ searched the upstairs and Morgan stayed on the main level.
"Morgan," Emily called from an upstairs room. She put her gun away and then went over to check the woman, who was unconscious. However, that was a big mistake. The unsub was hiding in a closet, so when Emily put her gun back in her holster to check on the woman, he came out from hiding ready to kill her. JJ reacted quickly and sent him to the ground before Emily even realized what has happened.
"We didn't finish clearing the room, Em," JJ said and went to check Peters pulse. Prentiss was shocked. How could she have forgotten to clear the whole room.
"JJ, I'm so sorry, I-"
"Emily, what's going with you?" Jennifer asked seriously. 
"Can we please not tell Hotch what happened?" Emily pleaded. Right after she said that, Aaron and Sara walked in with Morgan.
"What happened?" Hotch asked.
Neither agent knew what to say.
"Right when we walked in, he tried to attack us, but I shot him before he got close enough," JJ spat out.
Aaron looked over at Emily who just nodded her head in confirmation.
When Hotch and the others left, Emily turned and thanked her friend.
"Don't mention it, or let it happen again," JJ warned.

That night, the team decided on spending another night at the hotel because they didn't want to leave just yet, and Sara said she wanted to spend more time catching up with Hotch.
While the team was wrapping up on paperwork, Sara and Aaron were talking in her office. Emily and JJ were about to walk in to hand their paper work in, but just as they reached the doorway, Prentiss saw Sara lean awfully close to Aaron, and he didn't back away. He even turned his head to face her more and by that point, Prentiss had seen enough. She couldn't believe her eyes, they were about to kiss. Emily quickly scurried back to her team and plopped back down in her chair. Literally right as she walked away, Aaron got up and pushed the blonde off of him. JJ however stayed and watched as the scene unfolded in front of her.
"Sara-" Aaron said, a bit surprised.
"I'm sorry, I thought-"
He cut her off.
"You thought wrong. I'm already seeing someone," he told her.
"I misinterpreted things, I'm sorry," she apologized.
"Wait, did you think I still had feelings for you?" he asked.
"I was kind of hoping you did," she said.
"That was a long time ago. I've moved on. I'm in a very committed relationship with someone and wouldn't want to do anything to screw that up," he explained.
She gave him a sad smile and nodded, so he walked back over and gave her a hug.
A hug that Emily saw from where she was and it didn't make her happy one bit.
"Can we just forget that this ever happened?" Sara asked, full of shame.
"Of course," Hotch said.
JJ decided it was time to interrupt now.
"Hotch, we're all ready to go," Jennifer stated.
"Okay, I'll be out in a bit," he said back.
JJ nodded and walked out. When she reached Emily she was going to tell her what happened after she walked away, but Prentiss was in a deep conversation with Reid about some Russian movie, so she decided not to interrupt that.
Hotch walked out with Sara behind him and he said,
"Are we ready?"

Everyone agreed and soon they were all in their cars headed back to the hotel bar. Prentiss was able to trick everyone by ordering a glass of ice water but she told them it was gin and tonic.
As the night progressed Emily observed how relaxed Aaron seemed around Sara and it killed her. She honestly thought he was having an affair, but what she never stopped to think about was that if he were, he probably would've made it less obvious. It was one am, and Emily was full of water. Hotch only had two drinks, but everyone else was another story. JJ and Morgan were on their fourth, Spencer was still on his first and who knows how much Rossi had.
Sara was a little loopy but still good enough to stand. However, being the gentlemen he was, Hotch got Sara a room for the night so she wouldn't have to drive home. Right when he returned from doing that, Emily was done.
"I think I'm going to call it a night," she said to everyone.
"Ohh cmon Princess the night is still young," Derek said with a goofy smile.
"I don't think I feel good," she said and got up to go. Instantly, Aaron was on his feet.
"I can walk you up if you want," he offered.
"I think I'll be fine. You should stay down here and keep an eye on your girlfriend," Emily said coldly and walked away. Hotch realized she meant Sara and followed her.
"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked with an attitude as he got into the elevator with her.
"If you want to be with her-"
He cut her of with a kiss.
However, she pushed him back.
"No, you can't just kiss me and think it makes everything okay. I saw you two before and I know what you were doing!" Emily screamed at him.
"What did you see? Because nothing happened," he told her.
"Right before you came here, I saw you guys about to kiss-"
"Exactly. About to kiss. We didn't kiss. I told her I was in a committed relationship," he said.
She just gave him a sad look that broke his heart.
"Wait, did you think I was with her. Like cheating on you, because Emily, that's not it at all," Aaron said and followed her out of the elevator and to the room.
"How can I believe you? You spent all last night with her at the bar, and you two have a history," she said softly as she opened the door and walked in. She turned around to face him and they continued to talk.
"Em, nothing happened. I promise you. I would never do anything to hurt you," he said sincerely as he looked her in he eye.
"Aaron, I just don't have time to worry about whether you're having an affair or not. I don't want to have to worry about something like that."
"And you don't. She's just a friend and she'll always be just a friend," Hotch said seriously. "I need you to trust me," he added hopefully.
"I really want to-"
"But?" he asked.
She just looked at him.
"But you're scared that I'll leave you or disappoint you like everyone else. Newsflash Emily, I'm not everyone else. No matter what happens I swear to always be by your side," he told her and stepped closer to her. She didn't move. He put an arm around her back and pulled her in for a hug.
Then, he tucked his head in her neck and inhaled her scent. It smelt like home to him, and it made him feel like he was safe and loved. Hotch moved his head down and over. Then, he pressed his lips against hers and this time she didn't pull away. Instead, she deepened the kiss and pulled him down on the bed on top of her.
"Does this mean you trust me?" he asked in between kisses. As she nibbled on his earlobe, something that drove him crazy, she whispered,
"Yes."
He pulled back and smiled at her before attacking her lips once again.
Right as things were about to progress, Aaron's phone started buzzing.
It was Sara.
Emily let him check it and he told her who it was.
"Hey, yeah Emily isn't feeling good, so I think I'm going to stay up here and just make sure she's okay," Hotch said.
He listened for a bit then said,
"Just send the bill to my room. Goodnight," and then he hung up, threw put his phone back on the table and returned all his attention to the beautiful woman in front of him.
"Aaron, you know I love you, but I'm really tired and worn out-"
"It's okay, we can just go to bed," he told her and removed himself from the spot between her legs. Prentiss gave him a sorry kinda of a smile.
He leaned down to kiss her one last time before getting up and shutting the lights off. Then, he climbed back into bed and pulled her close to him before falling asleep.