The Truth Comes Out

Right when she said that, his heart began to race. It seemed that one sentence connected everything in his head.
"Oh my God," he whispered to himself once he realized what was going on.
Then, he looked over at her and could see how scared she was. Emily wasn't even making eye contact with him. She just couldn't.
"After dinner, we-"
"I know," he said.
She looked over at him.
"Aaron, I'm really sorry I didn't tell you sooner," she said and her voice cracked. He just listened.
"Once Juliet went missing, everything in my schedule changed. Including my birth control."
"You're pregnant?" he asked her.
Aaron had no emotion at all on his face, and that's what worried Emily the most. It made her anxious because she couldn't tell if he was happy or upset.
Hotch was just staring at her, waiting for her to answer, and she couldn't handle all that pressure or stress anymore.
Abruptly, she stood up and started walking out of the room, but he reacted quickly and grabbed her by the arm.
"Emily," he said.
"Please, let me go," she said and he could hear the sadness in her voice.
"No, I'm never letting you go again," he told her. Slowly, she turned back around. He stepped forward and wiped away her tears. Then, he caught her by surprise by taking her face in his hands and reaching down to kiss her. She didn't pull back. After a few seconds, the two pulled away, but Aaron kept his forehead leaning on hers.
"You're not mad?" she asked.
"Why would I be mad?" he asked her.
"Because this was kind of unplanned," she pointed out.
"Well, unlike you, I love surprises. And you," he told her.
"What?" she asked, completely shocked.
"I love you, Emily," he said softly.
This was the first time they were professing their love for each other.
She gave him a small smile and said,
"I love you too," as she pulled him back down for another kiss.
This kiss, however wasn't just an innocent kiss. It was filled with passion, and love.
When the two pulled apart this time, there was a small smile on both of their faces.
"Are you ready for bed?" he asked.
She nodded.
"We can talk about everything tomorrow, okay?"
She nodded.
Quickly the two separated and got changed and ready for bed. However, when Emily took off her shirt, Aaron couldn't help but look. He was curious to see if she was showing. She was.
It was very subtle. The only reason Hotch could tell, was because he knew her body too well and he could see her very little baby bump. She didn't look fat or anything, but it looked like her stomach was just more full.
While she threw on her pajama shirt, he said,
"You're, what? Two months?"
She turned around and said,
"Yeah, just about."
"When did you find out?" he asked.
"Like three weeks ago," she told him.
He nodded and then got into bed. Right when she got in, he inched closer and rested his hand on her growing stomach.
"What are you doing?" she asked, utterly confused.
"I'm communicating with our son or daughter," Aaron said.
Emily was sitting up with her back leaning on the pillows. She put one of her hands in his hair and played with it while he "talked" to their unborn child. Aaron slowly slipped his hand under her shirt because he wanted to feel her stomach, skin to skin. When he ran his hand over her middle section, he felt the little bump and it made him smile.
"What?" she asked.
"I can feel the baby," he told her.
"Hotch-"
"Emily, do not ruin this moment for me," he said jokingly.
"How can you feel it?" she asked.
"Well, your belly grew," he told her.
"Are you calling me fat. I swear to God-"
He cut her off by catching her lips in a kiss.
"Aaron," she said and pulled back.
"I'm sorry sweetheart, but you just talk too much," he told her as he leaned down to kiss her again. This time, she didn't pull back. Emily snaked her hands up and around his neck and he had his resting beside her. Slowly he tried to take her underwear off, but she stopped him.
"You know, I'm not really in the mood anymore. I'm kinda tired," she said in a teasing manner and pecked his lips one more time.
"What?" he asked in disbelief.
"Yeah, this is for yelling at me before and for calling me fat," she said and rolled over. Emily silently smiled to herself.
Hotch shook his head with a grin, but turned to shut the light off.
"I'll remember this Emily Prentiss," he said in a light tone.
"Goodnight, Aaron," she said.
"I love you," he said to her.
"I love you too," she replied.
Hotch scooted over to her and put an arm around her and it rested on her belly. She then put her hand on top of his and smiled.

The next morning, Emily woke up and remembered all the events from the previous night. She looked to her side to see Aaron sleeping peacefully next to her. Then, his eyes fluttered open and when they met with Emily's, his face broke into a huge grin.
"How did you sleep?" he asked tiredly.
"Better than I have in a long time," she said truthfully.
"And how do you feel?" he wanted to know.
"I feel great," she said and leaned over to kiss him. Then, she started to get up. He too, got up and both of them went downstairs for breakfast.
He cooked her some eggs and she sat at the island as they talked.
"So, who else knows?" Aaron asked, referring to her pregnancy.
"You, my doctor, and JJ," Emily told him.
"JJ knew?"
"Yeah, it just kind of came out," Prentiss tried to explain.
"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant sooner?" he asked.
"Because I was scared."
"Of me?"
"Partially. But also because I was scared of having to be a mother again, and telling you would've made it seem too real."
"Well, newsflash, it is real," Hotch said walking over to Emily with there food.
She nodded and sighed.
"You know, this explains so much," Aaron told her.
She gave him a confused look so he continued.
"You know, all the puking and doctors appointments. Plus, you started eating again."
"So, are you saying you already knew?" she asked.
"No, I'm saying I knew something was up with you, but I didn't know what it was exactly."
Emily just took another bite of her food and looked down.
After a moment of silence, she asked,
"Do you think it was a mistake?"
"What?" Hotch wanted to know.
"Us, and what happened. Do you think it was wrong?"
"It felt right to me," he told her, which made her smile.
"Cmon, you can't tell me you're not excited about this baby," he said.
"I just don't think I'm ready," she replied with.
"Sweetheart, listen to me. Just because things didn't work out well with Juliet, doesn't mean the same thing is going to happen to this child. I'm here and we're in this together. I'm am just glad you told me," he said.
"Believe me, so am I," she said.
He smiled at her and they continued to eat.
Once they were done, they started getting ready for work. They still had to go in to finish paperwork.