Chapter 5: Friends

Start from the beginning

The girls reach me and smile. I look at them and notice that they're not like all the other girls in the school. Every girl in the school looks the same. They all wear PINK and have expensive clothes from Victoria's Secret and Aeropostale. And they all are skinny as bean poles and wear cake faces full of make up from Sephora.

Instead of looking like these girls, they wear band shirts and black leggings. I smile a small smile and watch as they catch their breaths.

"Um, hi," one of the girls say. "I'm Jess and this my friend Sophie."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dylan," I say, smiling.

"Would you be interested in sitting with us at lunch?" The other girl, Sophie asks.

"Um, actually have a thing today, but maybe tomorrow?" I ask, knowing that I'll be drinking blood during lunch and I don't want anyone to get suspicious.

"Absolutely," Jess says, smiling. "Do you need help finding your next class?"

"Um, yeah. Do you know where the gym is?" I ask.

"Oh! That's downstairs and take a right. You can't miss it," Sophie says, pointing to the stairs beside us.

"Thanks," I say, heading down the flight of stairs.

After a good ten minutes, I find the gym. I walk inside to see a bunch of students doing yoga on colorful mats. A teacher notices me and walks over.

"May I help you?" The teacher asks.

"Uh, yes," I say, handing her my schedule. She takes a look at it and nods.

"Okay, your class is on the other side of the separator," the teacher says. "You have Mr. Henrie."

I nod and take my schedule back. I walk around the class of yoga students and head towards the back of the huge separator thing. I hear basketballs being dribbled as I near toward the other side.

I walk behind the separator and see a bunch of girl and boys bouncing basketballs. I gulp and see a dark haired teacher watching all of them. I slowly walk over to him, dodging the huge teenage boy bodies.

"Hello," Mr. Henrie says, taking my schedule. "You must be the new student. I'm Mr. Henrie and we're currently doing our basketball unit as you can see. You have a choice whether to participate or sit on the bleachers. You get participation either way."

"Okay," I say, taking back my schedule.

I walk over to an empty part of the bleachers and take a seat. There was no way that I was gonna get sweaty playing basketball.

Soon enough, a basketball comes rolling toward me. I look up and see a boy coming for it.