Past, Present and Future

Hey everyone this is my first story so be patient and lenient with me sorry about any grammar mistakes. Let me know what you think comment/vote/share

Hope you enjoy xx

Under the bright, blue endless sky. Long dark hair splayed around me the green clover soft and cool against my cheek, the sun was warm against my skin.

Being startled awake by a loud bang against my bedroom door I began to slide slowly out from underneath the weight of my covers, before placing my foot on the cold stone floor. 

A muffled voice began cursing, inching towards the bookshelf I had next to my bed I searched frantically for something, anything to arm myself with. When the door opened I instinctively threw what felt like a book with all my might.

"OUCH! That hurt" I heard a strained voice yell. "Elijah?" I questioned with caution whilst craning my neck trying to make out the features of this intruder in the darkness,

it was in fact my brother Elijah, with a sigh of relief I spoke "and what pray tell are you doing snooping around banging on my door at this hour of night, brother?"

Finally able to make out my brother's features in the dark I waited for an answer.

  "That hurt you know?" Elijah stated bluntly

"Serves you right" I muttered under my breath. 

Elijah rolled his eyes "I was only coming to check on you and I tripped at your door, why are you in such a mood?" 

I rolled my eyes in return, my dark brown hair long hair wild and un-brushed "If you must know, I was dreaming of spring. the last part said softly. 

"Well in 2 weeks you shall see your beloved spring." My brother spoke with what I could see was a sneer.

But before I get to much into my story I should probably tell you about myself. My name is Freya Kale I am 19 years of age and still treated like a child I have dark brown hair and blue eyes, I love to go horse riding and read.

I don't talk to many people mostly just the staff around the castle, I was born into a family that possessed power and reigned over the town of Nutrifell, so now that you know about me and who I am let us continue on shall we?

Ever since we were little Elijah and I had never seen eye to eye on anything.

I was always full of wonder and spirit the apple of my father's eye, strong and beautiful like my mother.

Elijah on the other hand had always been praised and adored by our mother coddled making him believe he could do no wrong, like he walked on water....and delusional of course i still believe he was dropped as child.

This in turn has added to the reason that he likes to oppress people, the fact that he is the prince soon to be king adds to his ego even more,it is something he will never let anyone forget. 

More than once I have come to the aid of numerous towns' people that he has 'put in their place', he is a brute, Nuttriell will fall under Elijah's reign and it will be a reign of a tyrant.

Sadly my Father and Mother were killed this past summer, they were walking in the garden like they did every afternoon, and there they were assassinated. 

Everyone always tells me it would have been a quick and mercy killing, do they really think that makes me feel any better?  

I didn't cry at the funeral but I did cry all that night and I haven't cried since.

My uncle an old man devoid of any type of change is the same as Elijah, a tyrant and has taken over the throne but is also close to death. 

so next my brother will take the throne; I dare say that Nutrifelll will be in great peril when he takes the throne. 

There are no other men to succeed Elijah, unless he produces an heir so it the throne and kingdom would be passed down to me but I have an instinct that tells me he would sooner die the let that happen. 

Alas he is not married nor has plans to be anytime soon.

little did my brother not know that if a vote taken on by enough people in Nutrifell that will elect me Queen, Elijah will have no power to anything.

I am the only threat to the Nutrifell throne, and my brother will stop at nothing to make sure that threat is destroyed.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

How did I go guys?

Comment/Vote/Share

xx