6| ❝excuses❞

"that's fine with me!" irene smiled as she turned on the tv, putting on "the conjuring"

"m-me too." jimin laughed in hopes that it wouldn't be scary. well, at least too scary. of course it would he scary, it was a scary movie, for fucks sake.

"good." yoongi chuckled, looking at irene and once she focused her gaze back on the tv, his eyes fixed themselves upon jimin, as if irene wasn't there. soon enough, the movie started playing and jimin instantly tensed up.

"jimin, are you scared?" irene whispered into his ear and he simply shook his head as an answer. "you're so.. tense." she laughed softly and jimin shook his head once more, focusing on the tv screen as if he wasn't scared. but reality didn't lie, he was pretty fucking scared and there was no way he could deny that, but he somehow managed to.

excuse.

he needed a fucking excuse and quick. he really didn't want to stick around to see this movie and then be unable to sleep for the rest of the godamn night. besides, he is going to have a test tomorrow.

and that's when the idea hit him like a fucking train.

"irene, i have to go. i need to study for a test tomorrow. i'm sorry i can't stay with you guys." he whispered into her ear and she nodded.

"it's okay, jimin. i know you focus a lot in your studies. just go, okay?" irene laughed softly and playfully hit his arm. jimin nodded in response and stood up, walking to his room upstairs. before he entered, though, he looked back. unsurprisingly, his eyes connected with the ones of the older and this time, instead of smiling mischievously, he smiled. just a simple smile. a friendly smile.

jimin found it odd but didn't think much of it. he opened the door to his room and closed it, sitting down on his bed.

instead of studying, he just used his phone. he didn't lie, he did have a test and he already studied so, it wasn't really a lie. he chuckled to himself as he opened up the group chat his friends had made a few months back.

hoseok :
i wouldn't mind him choking me i mean

jungkook :
u would let anyone choke you

taehyung :
jimin is ac

taehyung :
o so jimin is alive

jimin:
what happened

jungkook :
the hyungs thought that maybe you got fucked up by yoongi 😋