Kilff

Mountains of maps littered the floor and walls of your bedroom. You weren't technically a friend of Alm's group, but you were Kilff's almost best friend. Why almost is because you tend to get shy and runoff, but have helped Kilff from his mother many times. You were hiding the fact that you wanted to explore the world along with Kliff. You never thought of it until Kliff explained the wonders of exploring outside Ram Village.

"Kliff!" You shouted at him across the training grounds. Kliff was aiming to be a mage since he did have that darker aura personality with him. "Can I speak to you?"

"Ooo look at Kliff! Having a girl called him!" Tobin teased him.

"Shut up, Tobin," Kliff said, annoyed while stretching his arms outward.

You blushed and shied away a bit, but didn't run away for Kliff's sake. Once you guys were out of ear rang you dropped the stacks of maps on the ground.

"I've located all the islands around Zofia and checked all their resources. If you want, I can calculate how long by ship it will take us to reach each island from here and back!"

Kilff picked up one of the maps, seemingly unimpressed by your work. "Why did you locate islands right by the coast? It's pointless."

"What do you mean?"

"The waters behind us are extremely dangerous with sea monsters everywhere. Even the islands aren't really worth looking at either. If you'd done your research right you would have to know the upper island belongs to Rigel for government reasons."

You started to cry but held it in as you swiped the map out of his hands. "If you don't see the hard work and effort I put into these... then... then you're a jerk!"

"(y/n), I'm just giving you advice on carefully mapping locations. If you went down to the coast and set off you wouldn't have even know about the monsters."

"Oh, shut up!" You threw the map at him, ticked off by his monotone voice. "I can't fight well as you because your group doesn't like me! Sure... Tobin and Faye and Alm don't mix well with me... but you're the only person I can rely on with this information. Zofia might be crumbling down, but we could escape if we wanted too!"

Kliff sighed, gathering the rest of the map into his arms. "Stop this. It's pointless."

"I don't get it..." You mumbled, ripping the maps out of his arms. "You've always wanted to escape this village... but now you don't want to explore with me..."

"(y/n), the only reason is that I'm not strong enough!" Kilff slightly yelled, trying not to let his anger loose on you.

"What do you mean? You've been training with the guys since childhood..."

"That... that doesn't mean anything. I'm the weakest of the group and my only hope is magic... but magic can only get me, and you, so far into the world. I know you don't like the others... but I'm limited by what I can do..."

Looking up into the sky, you took a deep breath and smiled, "Alright. I'll join in with your group."

"What? Are you even listening to what I just said?"

"Yes, but I can try to become a healer. Well... I might have to work on my prayers to become one... but if you're becoming a mage I can heal you while you use your magic!"

"(y/n), I just don't-"

"I think it's a great idea."

You both turned around to see Alm leaning next to an orange tree. His dark, mint colored hair blended in the shadows before stepping out into the sunlight.

"Sorry that I overheard. But, Kliff, if you want to both her and you to explore the world, you should let her become a healer." He turned to you, smiling with kindness. "But you need to learn to respect my group. You don't have to like everyone, even me, but you'll need to work on teamwork."

Kliff set his thinking face on. He glanced at you once and sighed, giving into the idea. "Fine. I'll let this slide once."

"Yay! Thank you, Alm and Kliff" You hugged Kilff from pure happiness.

Alm nodded and said his goodbye before returning to the training grounds. You blushed and quickly pulled away from Kliff's arms. "S-Sorry... I know we're not really best friends-"

"What are you talking about?" Kliff butted in, "Of course we're best friends."

"What?" You asked, both amazed and confused. "But... you never said we were!"

"I didn't think I had too since I spend most of my time with you."

You tried to hide your blush but failed. "I-I suppose."

Kliff chuckled and ruffled your hair. "I'll see you tomorrow at the training grounds. Just remember to research our areas a lot better."

You simply just huffed and walked away. Even if you were best friends, you weren't going to let him mock your work.