Kaze

It was late at night as you just finished eating at the mess hall. You stretch and started walking about to your private quarters as today just tucked you out.

You were about half way there about from the hot springs. At the corner of your eye a sliver glint caught your attention as you turned to see a knife flying toward you.

"Lady (y/n)! Watch out!"

Kaze appeared in time as he blocked the knife about to impale your chest. Kaze saw the ninja in the dark as the ninja panicked and started to disappear, but unfortunately for him, Kaze was faster and took him down.

Kaze ran back to you as the color in your face appeared back in your face, "Lady (y/n)! You are unhurt are you?!"

You slowly nodded your head as you took light breaths. "I-I'm fine Kaze... thank you for saving me..."

Kaze nodded as his black hair band gleamed in the moonlight, "As you say, Lady (y/n). I will take my leave."

Kaze bowed before he started to walk off. You blinked at his backside before moving your legs which seemed to be frozen in time.

"Kaze, wait!" You yelled as he stopped. He turns around to face you, "I just need to know why you always leave, but never talk to me afterwards when you save me or send a message to me."

Kaze sighed as he avoided eye contact with you, "That is none of your concern."

You pouted as you tugged at Kaze shirt, "Please tell me!"

Kaze growled as he tried pushing you away from him, "Stop tugging on my shirt!"

"Then tell me why you're avoiding me!" You yelled with a hurt voice as it did hurt you too see Kaze disappear to you. As if he hated you.

"I don't- sigh, I'm not avoiding you... I just don't want to talk to you. That's all."

"Was it something I done?"

"No! It was something I done!"

Kaze cursed himself in his mind as you raised a confused brow.

"I don't understand. Please tell me why you are the blame of something you haven't done to me."

Kaze looked up at the moon. His face lit with an expression of being lost in thoughts... all alone in his memories.

"I am the blame for the death of your father and you getting kidnapped from us."

Your eyes widen in surprised as this took you back, "What? H-how?"

"I was a young ninja back when it happened. I saw the increase of archers on the Nohrian side, but didn't say anything as I though it didn't mean anything once you father made peace with the king of Nohr. But... I was so wrong as it ended up having the king of Hosido killed and the young princess kidnapped."

"K-Kaze... you were young... you didn't know any better..."

"That still doesn't mean I can't erase the thought of you being taken away from your birth family who I cause great agony onto them. I can't wash away this sin upon on my soul as I ruin your life, Lady (y/n)."

You couldn't stand the look of pain on Kaze face as it almost broke your heart in two. Knowing he's been blaming himself for something he couldn't do or change. It was silence for a while, until the sound of footsteps running up and hugging the broken Kaze.

Kaze stumbled backwards in shock as you held onto him tightly.

"Please Kaze! Don't blame yourself for something like this! You didn't ruin my life. The Nohr family loved me and took me in as a family. I forgive you. So please, forgive yourself."

Kaze was silence for a good long time. He soaked in your words before hugging you back, "Thank you, Lady (y/n). I shall do as you said."

You smiled up at the green haired ninja as he gently smiled back, "I'm glad..."

"May I ask one more thing from you?"

"What is it?"

"M-may I become your rainier? I don't have one as I as I will and already lay down my life for you."

You were taken back by his kind words, but smile and gently nodded your head, "I would love it if you would be my rainier Kaze."

Kaze smiled as he let go of you as he bowed before you, "It is an honor serving you, my lady."

You giggled, "Your first task is too safely taking me back to my private quarters."

Kaze smiled as he stood back up, "As you wish."

*one year later*

"Lady (y/n), are you ready for me to escort you to are meeting place?"

You smiled as you opened your door from your room as Kaze smile with joy at seeing you.

"Yep! Where are you taking me again?"

"Somewhere where I love to Patrol my evening routes around the castle."

"Okay. Lead the way then!"

Kaze nodded as he took you on the highest walls of the castle as everyone down below were almost like ants.

"Wow... how do you see people from here?"

"I have very good eye sight. Thief don't expect from all the way up here before I cut them down."

You nodded your head as you looked up at the sunset. "You also get a perfect view of the beautiful sun..."

Kaze nodded as he smiled. He slowly inched towards you, "Yes. This is my favorite place in the whole castle. Though, it's missing something."

"What is that?"

Kaze blushed as he gently took your hand and made you face him, "You, Lady (y/n)."

You blushed back as your face were very close to each other, "K-kaze... what are you saying?"

"I love you, Lady (y/n). You forgave me for a horrible sin when other people would never forgive a person for. You saved my life back in Nohr as I saved yours not too long ago. It was destined we are to protect each other in this life."

You smiled as you wrapped your arms around Kaze neck. Tears fell down your cheek at the beautiful confession. "Oh Kaze... I love you too. I've loved you for a long time now..."

Kaze smiled as he gently took one hand and kissed it before speaking, "My liege... my love... I adore you with all my being. I promise to treasure you forever. And to keep you in my heart, always."

Your heart leaped in joy as you couldn't take it anymore and kissed the ninja. Kaze stumbled a tiny bit at the force, but soon adjusted as he kissed you back with all his love.