Roy

The climb up to the tallest peak of the temple was long and challenging as by the time you came up there you were already out of breath.

You stood beside your childhood friend, Roy, and also secret love of your life. His soft red hair blew behind him as the Dark Priestess stood there.

She stood silent as you narrowed your eyes at her as Roy stood a step forward.

"You're the Dark Priestess. No, the Dark Dragon."

"... Why do you hinder my path?"

"What...?" Roy asked.

"I have been command to lead this world. I shall make the word a better place. Why are you barring my performance?"

"Because you are wrong." You yelled out loud.

Roy nodded. "You were only told the world would become a better place. The person who ordered you is already dead. So stop!"

"Roy is right. You have no reason to fight."

"No, we... we all have no reason to fight..." Roy said in a whisper.

"I have a feeling I heard the same words. Soft words, like a warm breeze." The Dark Priestess said, "But that was long ago... I have been asleep for too long. But now I awake. His Majesty willed me so."

"Majesty... Zephiel!" You said too yourself, but Roy could hear it from where he was.

"I have woken. I am no longer who I used to be."

Roy and you stated silent as she pulled back her hood to reveal her face. Her white hair split to show her one green and one purple eye.

"No matter how many days or nights pass, I must... I must..."

"You still want to fight us." You said in a sad tone.

"As long as you stand in my path."

"Such strong... will..." You could see the disbelief in Roy's eyes.

"His Majesty wishes it to be. And I was woken to answer his Majesty's call."

Everything turned a bright flash of white as she transformed into a huge dragon. Your eyes widen at the size of it.

"Do we have to fight... sniff."

You turned to face the other behind you and gave them a nod. "We have to in order to save are self and all the people around us. Let's do this!"

Everyone raised up their weapons and nodded. Roy stood by your side as you gripped the spell book in your hand.

Everyone was protecting you as you carefully led him to face the true dragon enemy, Idoun.

"(y/n) have my back with me while I take it down."

You nodded and gripped your book ready to go. "You can count on me."

Roy gave me one of his famous smile back when you were kids. you still missed it too this day.

Idoun growled at him as Roy took out the Sealed Sword, it blazed to life. He threw the blaze at Idoun as Idoun barley missed.

Your eyes widen, this wasn't the plan! Idoun was about to strike at Roy before you released your most powerful spell.

"Apocalypse!"

The spell hardly did any damage to Idoun, but it did distract it. Roy took the chance and strike right where their heart was with the flames.

"I-I gah! Dark... alone... in... darkness..."

Idoun collapsed as the temple itself was shaking. Roy grabbed you by the waist and ran with you out of there. He let go of you and set you down on the grass.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, the spell just tired me out."

"I see. Stay here and I'll get you something to eat."

You nodded and laid down in the grass. Roy was gone for a long time and you were afraid he had forgotten all about you. You heard the crunching of grass and opened your eyes to see Roy holding an apple. "Your favorite."

You smiled and took it from him. "Thank you."

You when to pull back, until Roy didn't let go of your hand. You blushed and looked up at him.

"Now that this is over I have to confess something to do you. I love you, (y/n). Ever since we were kids. Do you love me back?"

"Y-yes I do... I just didn't think you felt the same way back."

Roy chuckled and brushed a strand of hair back from your eyes. "You're always so cute when you're shy. It's what makes me love you more..."

He gently tilted your head and kissed you. After everything you've been through with him it was worth getting the kiss from him as you kissed back with all your love and so did Roy.