❰❰5❱❱

"H-Hi. Is this Lily?" Natsu muttered through the phone. Why was he even following what his idiot of a friend told him to do? He almost hung up.

"Yeah.. who is this?" Lily asked. Shouldn't she have my name under my number?

"Natsu. Remember me?"

"Oh.. Oh!" Lily's voice went from tired to shocked and very much awake as she realized who she was talking to.

"What's-- what's up?" Lily seemed flustered.

"Erm. Do I need to call you later? You seem a bit tired." Natsu asked. Lily declined and laughed nervously, "No, no! I'm fine, it's only 2 in the morning." Natsu stifled a laugh because she had no sarcasm intended in her voice, and she blew off the time 2 am like it was 12 pm.

"Okay, I have a question for you..." Natsu turned to Gray who was eerily quiet and he did a "go on" motion with his hands, the smirk in his face getting wider with each second. Natsu made a "I don't fucking know!" Face and shrugged, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What is it?" Lily asked through the phone. Natsu turned his attention to her and stammered "Um, uh. W-would you like to..." Gray slapped his forehead with his palm and snatched the phone out of his hand before finishing Natsu's question with a raspy voice. Natsu started to lunge foreward, but Gray kicked his shin as hard as he could and the back of his leg, making him fall from reflex.

"Would you like to go on a date with me sometime?" Gray continued. He watched as Natsu mouthed, "Damn you" and clutching his shin.

"Oh, wow, uh... S-s-sure!" Lily brightly answered. Gray snickered and continued the conversation.

"1:00 at the Orange Julius by Forever 21?"

"Definitely!"

And it was settled. Gray finished the call and Natsu sighed loudly before grabbing Gray's ankle and tugging quickly to make Gray slip. It was a success as he flopped into the grass and earned a low groan from his betraying friend.

"What the hell, Natsu!" Gray started to throw a punch, but Natsu dodged and reached for his side to pin him down. Soon enough, it turned into a full fight.

"Boys!" A feminine voice bellowed. The teens kept brawling and soon enough were caught by their shirt collars and thrown to the sides, further away from each other.

"You're ruining the last day of school party," Natsu looked up to see Erza and rubbed his neck where the demonic red head had accidentally scratched him with her long nails from grabbing him.

"Hey, Scarlet. How's Jellal?" Gray tried to play cool (pun totally intended) and tried to make her bashful.

He only made it worse.

"Don't change the subject! Why were you two brawling, why is Natsu acting like someone lodged a stick up his ass, and why is Natsu's phone in Gray's hand?" 

"Well, uh--"

"Rhetorical question!"

Natsu rolled his eyes and stood up. She used the word "rhetorical" in a totally different manner.

"I'm going home." Natsu grabbed his phone from Gray's lifted hand and walked off, unlocking his car that was yards away.

"You are not leaving till you tell me what is wrong with you!" Erza huffed. She stomped over, making Natsu break into a sprint to his car like he was running from a murderer, and frantically got into the car.

But he forgot to lock the doors.

Erza swung open the passenger door and threw herself into the seat not even panting from the rampaging she had done.

"You're either taking me to get a piece of cake and coffee, or you tell me what is going on."

"Okay let's go get you cake and coffee--"

"Rhetorical! Tell me."

Natsu grumbled and laid his head on the steering wheel.

"Fine."

*Debating whether I should do a Gratsu fanfic or a Gruvia fanfic, but goes with Gratsu fanfic because why should I give a flying pig what people think lolololol*