❮❮15❯❯

The park was really peaceful as birds sang in the new summer air. That is until the 4 now-college students got there. Dan complained excessively about how hot it was as soon as he stepped out of his dirtied white Jeep Wrangler, and Natsu already wanted to strangle him, but the thought of his own plan made him plaster a smile on his face.

"Long time no see, Luce." Natsu grinned. Lilly was shyly following closely behind Natsu, her walking becoming brisk from Natsu's long and fast strides. Natsu slowed down, in worry that the poor girl was going to fall or trip, but as soon as he got close to Lucy and Dan, he lightly grabbed Lilly and held her to the side of him. Her small figure leaned beside him in attempt to deny her clumsiness.

"Who's this?" Dan asked curiously. Exactly what Natsu needed.

"Lilly, meet Dan and Lucy. Dan and Lucy, meet Lilly. My girlfriend." Natsu beamed mostly at Lucy and glanced at Dan, who seemed to be overly excited about Lilly.

"I think I've seen you around before," Lilly pondered.

"Oh yeah, you were that girl at the hospital." She realized and her face turned from happy to a twinge of disgust. Lilly couldn't hate Lucy that much right?

Natsu clasped his hands together, feeling a tension rising and wanted to stop it immediately, and held up his keys.

"I brought some food, could you guys help?"

"Sure!" Lucy and Lilly smiled at the same time but looked at each other. Natsu laughed nervously and grabbed Lilly by the hand again to avoid a catfight. Lilly was totally altering her personality and Natsu felt his plan already start to crumble.

Natsu made Dan haul a little blue cooler to a park bench that was under a small roof and Natsu carried another cooler full of sandwiches, while the girls brought plates and silverware along with a cheap thing of cookies. Natsu couldn't leave out cookies. The 4 of them set up the table and eventually sit down to eat, Lilly sitting next to Natsu and Dan to the left of her, Lucy sitting next to Dan.

"Wait do any of these snacks have peanut in them?" Lilly asked. Natsu looked at Lilly and slowly answered, "The cookies do..."

"Get then away from me, please. I'm allergic!" Lilly pushed back and Dan put the cookies across the table.

"Why did you get cookies with peanuts Natsu?" Dan scolded, glaring at him. Natsu scowled and spit, "I didn't know! She didn't tell me." Natsu looked at Lilly for sympathy and for her to forgive him, but she sat there terrified.

"Give him grace, Lilly," Lucy laid out her palm, pointing towards Natsu. "Why didn't you tell him before?" Lilly huffed and replied, "I forgot to tell him. It was late at night." She relaxed back into her seat and Dan made sure the cookies were far away from her as Lucy and Natsu looked at both of them, then at each other. Lucy clenched her jaw and pulled her eyes away from Natsu. He immediately knew what she was thinking. She didn't want to fall for him again.

She was scared.