❰❰11❱❱

The date was finally over. And Natsu was safe enough to say that he hadn't grown any more feelings towards Lilly than he did Lucy.

Relieved that the date was now over and he wasn't with Lilly, he exhaled deeply as if he were holding his breath the whole time he was with her.

"Natsu!" A chirpy voice greeted as he stepped into his big house. The voice startled him and he snapped his head up to see his mother, who proudly had her arms out wide for a hug.

"Mom? You weren't supposed to be back from Russia till August." He laughed and embraced his mom and the warm scent of her, missing his mother who'd been gone for what felt like a century. She was off at a business trip in Russia to meet up with her Boss's boss, but he didn't know why. It didn't matter though, because he needed all the time he could get before his father and mother left again for a longed vacation.

"I missed you sweetheart." His mother kissed the top of his head and pushed Natsu back by the shoulders to give her son eye contact. "How's your Senior year treating you?" Natsu shrugged and answered, "Well, summer did start so I'm technically a college student now." His mother made an "ah" face in understandment before smiling and walking to the kitchen, where Natsu tagged along to talk.

"So what was it like in Russia?" Natsu asked curiously, sitting at the breakfast table. His mom thought a moment before replying, "It was interesting. The food was good, but I'll always stay true to Italian," Natsy nodded and smiled. Good ole Italian. "The scenery was beautiful and the hotel I stayed in was quality." Natsu nodded yet again, eager to hear more. His parents didn't want him to go on vacation with them ever, unless they were going to Italy where his father's parents lived, or Florida, which was great for a getaway. But Natsu and Wendy hadn't ever gone somewhere like Russia or Australia. Natsu's dream was to visit the UK, but he'd have to wait until he was able to without using his parent's money.

Natsu and his mother talked among themselves about Russia for a while until they ran out of things to talk about, so his mother changed the subject by asking, "Any girl on your mind?" Natsu's voice was caught in his throat. If she figured out what happened between him and Lucy and what decisions he was making, she'd most definitely catch his ass on fire and feed him to the wolves.

"U-uh. Not really. Just a small crush." His mother raised an eyebrow in curiosity and smirked. "Who is this fine young lady?" Natsu bit the tip of his thumb in nervousness and hesitantly answered, "A Heartfilia." The air became thick. It was so quiet you could hear the clock on the wall behind him ticking.

"A... Heartfilia?" Natsu clenched his jaw. He knew he should've said Lilly, but his sense of truth made him spill the word Heartfilia. "Y-yeah." His mother clenched her fist. She wasn't proud like his father, nor was she lenient about him liking a Heartfilia.

"Natsu, do you not understand the history between us? Lethal. You cannot come in contact with her!" Natsu flinched from his mother raising her voice, which she rarely ever did. Natsu could feel the blood pumping through him and raise rapidly along with his heart.

"What happened to Lisanna? What about the Lockser's daughter? Anybody--"

"But Mom... Lisanna is not willing to be with me, and Juvia is with Gray." His mother stood from the breakfast table and glared at Natsu, who avoided her deadly stare as much as he could, looking like a guilty puppy. Without any other word, she then walked away and into her office.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

He can never make anybody happy can he?