❮❮21❯❯

Natsu bit back his need to sack this man. Natsu wasn't pleased with Anna's attitude towards himself either, but he wouldn't dare to ever call the wise woman a bitch. "She's told us that you bother her--"

"I don't talk to that old hag anymore. That was long ago when I graduated." Natsu felt Erza perk up, and he knew she was going to ask for an explanation. "Anna told us very little in detail about your guys' backstory. Please, could you explain?" Acnologia cleared his throat and took out his cigarette to take a drink of his afternoon coffee. "If it means you'll leave me alone, then I will." Acnologia situated himself to get started.

~Acnologia's story~

Acnologia wasn't a softie. He didn't like how Anna made him feel either. Anna wasn't soft, but she had a look in her eyes that said "I've seen hell, but I'm going to hide it." She stood tall with her shoulders back as if she were the one towering over him, when really he was the one who was the giant. "Hello, Acnologia." Anna greeted with a grimace. Acnologia, brows furrowed and muscles tense, greeted back. "Hello, Anna." It usually sucked being in love with a woman who didn't like you one bit, but it was different for Acnologia, he liked the challenge. He liked being able to be mean without hurting someone, even though he couldn't care less if he hurt a kitten. Anna tried to move forward to get away from Acnologia, but he was swift and grabbed her arm without blinking. "Let go, pig." Anna spat. How could someone hate a person so much for being a high school delinquent? Okay, maybe he did get her kicked out and unable to get into the college she wanted, but there were plenty other colleges she could attend. "No, I want you to go out to eat with me. To Brewburn's." Anna scoffed and tilted her head back with a laugh, sarcasm coating her voice. "Yeah, sure. I'll forgive the man who took my dreams, made me a disgrace to my parents, caused my boyfriend to break up with me and threw me into the delinquent pile for high school. Sure." Acnologia smirked and answered, "Alright, I'll pick you up at 5." Anna threw her free fist into Acnologia's gut and growled, "You may be clever, Acnologia, but I'm wise. Not in a million years will I forgive you." the scene that played out through the suburban streets the two lived on caught no attention, fortunately. Everyone was inside, making Acnologia tired of pretending to be nice. "Listen here Anna, you will eat with me and you will enjoy it." Anna narrowed her eyes and went on her tiptoes, trying to even out the height difference between them. "No. You listen here, Acnologia. Other people may be afraid of you, but I sure as hell am not. You can follow me, you can beg, you can cry, but I am not forgiving what you did to taint my life and reputation, nor date you. Get lost, you sick crooked man." 

~Over~

"Wait so you tried to force Anna into dating you? No wonder she hates you so much." Natsu cried. Erza sat quietly, pondering, and Acnologia grunted as he shifted his position in his recliner. "Well, there's this thing called 'not caring' that I apparently have a little too much of." Natsu huffed in frustration as Erza slid her hand onto Natsu's arm to keep him calm. He knew what she was saying, even without words. It's not worth the fight. 

"So Anna's holding a grudge against you just because you didn't take 'no' for an answer?" Natsu asked, not really needing an answer, but Acnologia answered anyway. "Yes. I guess you could say that." 

"Not only that. Anna had told him that her parents had called her a disgrace and she was kicked out of high school." Erza cut in. "So when you think about it, she does have a reason to be this angry. It means a lot, especially since Anna is part of a big company name. Tainting a name means bad reputation." Natsu agreed with Erza, she did have a reason. She wasn't holding a grudge against a one-sided love. "Why can't you leave her alone?" Natsu asked after a while. It took a minute for Acnologia to answer, but he started with an exhale. "Because persistence works. One day she'll have to either forgive or forget." Natsu gave Acnologia a confused look. "Who even taught you that. Maybe the forgive but not forget but the persistence part? That'll only make it worse. Let her come to you. I've already tried that..." Natsu faded as the image of Lucy flashed into his mind. He almost forgot why he was doing this for Anna. Then he realized she had his phone. Natsu wanted to leave, he found out why the grumpy man keeps following Anna and he got what he needed. He wanted to leave and get this resolved. He couldn't keep waiting for Lucy. Not when he felt like he was getting nowhere. 

Hey guys so I have a questionnnn

Should I make a third book of this or should I just keep it at two books? Your choice!!!

✔ How to Make a Girl Jealous (Sequel to HTCAG) ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें