❰❰3❱❱

Natsu stayed at Lucy's grandmother's for a while, and he enjoyed it, despite the evil looks Anna would give him if he said something wrong. It was nice talking to Lucy again, especially since he hadn't seen her in forever. And her banana bread was amazing, so Lucy made her grandmother give him some so Anna reluctantly gave Natsu one of the mini loaves to him. He accepted and got out of the strangely modern house with a breath of relief, waiting for Lucy to bid farewell.

"Buh-bye!" Lucy smiled and waved inside the house before stepping out as she closed the screen door. Natsu followed her down the porch as he nibbled on the banana bread given to him.

"Thanks for coming, and sorry about my grandmother. She still hadn't gotten over the fact that you--"

"It's okay." Natsu cut her off. He didn't want to bring up the past. "The past is in the past. She'll get over it soon. And oh well if she doesn't." Natsu positively twisted the subject. Lucy smiled and looked at Natsu with a soft look that made him weak in the knees. How could someone be so pretty and have a pretty personality at the same time?
It was a mystery.

The sun started to set, making the sky turn into a mixture of vibrant warm colors with little clouds, and Lucy insisted watching the sunset at Windsboro, the place they went to on their first date.

It was highly uncomfortable being in the same place he started to fall in love with Lucy and not have any affectionate contact with her, especially since she had a boyfriend.

The two sat on the roof of the 60's themed restaurant as they sipped on lemonade and swung their legs on the edge of the roof, staring at the sunset.

"It's so pretty. This reminds me of when my grandfather would take me here." Lucy sighed. Natsu nodded in silence, not wanting to ruin the sound of her sweet voice.

"He would always buy me a oreo milkshake, him a sherbet milkshake, and bring me on this roof to tell me stories about my dad."

"My granddad would bring me to Mcdonalds." Natsu joked. His grandparents weren't very close to him.

Lucy playfully glared at Natsu and he laughed.

"So, what happened to your dad?" Natsu asked.

"Why?" She asked quizzically.

Natsu's face turned red in embarrassment, knowing it was a rude question.
"You just made it sound like he passed away."

Lucy shook her head and answered, "He just lives far away because his business is growing. I don't see him much anymore, he visits for Christmas and stays until after New Years and then is back on the road."

Natsu nodded in understandment, knowing his dad was somewhat the same way, just with vacations.

After the sun set and stars started to show throughout the night sky, Lucy stood up with her empty lemonade glass and waited for Natsu to stand with her before going down the ladder that led to the Windsboro kitchen.

Natsu and Lucy left their glasses in the sink and left a 10 dollar bill by the cash register before heading out the empty restaurant. "That was nice." Lucy sighed. Natsu smiled and agreed silently. Lucy looked at him as they walked and a worried look crossed her face.

"You're awfully quiet for yourself, is something wrong?" Natsu shook his head and answered, "No. Just glad to hang with you." He stuffed his hands in his pockets in a bashful way and looked down. He didn't want it to show that he liked her still.

"You're upset about Dan aren't you?" Lucy guessed. She was partially wrong, but he was upset about him.

"Yeah, about that. The Dan Straight?" Natsu asked in shock. Lucy nodded shyly.

"Yeah, he asked me out a few days after  we stopped talking," Natsu clenched his fists in anger but kept quiet as Lucy continued.

"So we've been dating for a while. He's nice."

Nice. She doesn't need "nice" she needs extraordinary. She's too good for that fuckboy model.

"Natsu!" Lucy startled him out of his thoughts as he looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"You said that out loud." She frowned. Natsu, once again embarrassed, turned red and averted his face away from her.

"I have to admit he's kind of indecisive." Lucy lowly agreed. Natsu tried to hide a smile and bit his cheek. She was too goddamn adorable.

"But trust me, girls who date him aren't me. I'm Lucy Heartfilia who is proudly a virigin and doesn't intend on losing that preciousness anytime soon." Lucy winked playfully. Natsu smirked, forgetting to be jealous and upset about Dan, and shook his head.

Let's just hope it stays that way for awhile longer.

I'm not even going to start excuses about my lateness and just leave it at having no ideas whatsoever. Hope you enjoyed. Question: would you want a Gruvia fanfic by me or another Nalu fanfic by me after HTMAGJ?