❮❮17❯❯

"Alright, I'll see you later." Natsu waved to Lucy. Dan waved his goodbyes but leaning more towards Lilly. Natsu watched Lucy get into Dan's wrangler and ride off, making a feeling of relaxation leave him as fast as it came when he saw her. Lilly walked off and Natsu followed close behind, both of them ready to clean up the picnic mess they had made.

"I'm sorry about... Earlier. My jealousy gets to me." Lilly apologized as gathered trash and crumpled them up to throw away. Natsu declined her apology with a reply. "It's no biggie. Just know that I'm not going anywhere." Lilly softly smiled, pushing her hair up into a ponytail. "I hope not! You wanna hang out for a little longer? I won't be able to for a while since work and all." Natsu wanted to say that he should go home and "study", but he felt like it'd be too obvious that he didn't want her, so he reluctantly took her offer and they sat on the swings as Lucy and Dan had done, talking and scraping the bottom of their shoes on the pavement.

Lilly talked about her old boyfriend, her time at the hospital and some crazy stories when she was in RC. Natsu found the stories where she dealt with drug dealers and criminals the most interesting because of their back stories and weird behavior. Natsu listed talked about his time in high school, which Lilly understood since she had been out for 3 years. Yeah, Natsu found it weird that she was 21 and he was 18.

The sun had turned from afternoon to early evening as Natsu stood up and announced the time. "we should probably get going, it's 5 o'clock." Lilly nodded and stood up from the swing to stand by Natsu. "Yeah, probably. I had fun though!" Lilly beamed and once again went to hold Natsus hand that was free of his phone. He wrapped his fingers around her hand and she did the same, both of them walking to his car. They let go when they got to Natsus car and got in before driving away.

"Baby your song make me wanna roll my windows down--"

"And cruise!" Natsu sang with Lilly, actually enjoying her company as they sped down the roads of town. Lilly was smiling and had her hand slightly out the window, moving in a wave along with the beat of the song. Natsu had glanced at Lilly for a split second and a lump in his throat formed. All that time ago, he could've avoided this whole situation if he weren't so gungho about proving Gray wrong. He could've avoided all of this. He was doing too much just for one girl and he knew that his sophomore self would laugh at how dumb it seemed, but present Natsu found it the most important thing ever. He felt something with Lucy, he found it worth all this goddamn trouble of getting chased by Erza, getting beaten up by Sting, getting death glares from Anna, and even breaking Lilly's heart. It was amazing how much he couldn't feel just because he had feelings for Lucy. Natsu kept singing to hide his thinking and worrying, but tonight he knew he wasn't going to sleep. He needed Erza and Anna to talk to.

Immediately.

A/N
K hi yeah haven't talked to you guys in a while 😂 so remember when I saw do should celebrate 8k? Yea, well... 25k XD damn you guys. AND I have 162 followers which is INSANE for me. So here's a face reveal because it's the best I can think of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh god here's the brace face jokes

Ta daaaaaa yep that's me. Bunnygirl (fufufufu)

Heres a less grainy photo

I am so curious: what did you guys think I looked like??