❮❮16❯❯

Lilly was being completely ridiculous. Natsu knew she was being cautious about her allergy, but being disgusted by Lucy? And overreacting about the cookies and blaming Natsu? Something wasn't right. Natsu thought Lilly was a shy, sweet, clumsy, short girl. But she must've replaced herself with a clone because she was anything but shy and sweet. 

After the 4 of them ate, Lucy and Dan were swinging on the small children swings over on the mulch playground as they talked, so Natsu took the chance to pull Lilly aside to the restroom building to talk to her. He threw the cigarette he was smoking onto the ground and smashed it with his foot before starting over to Lilly. "I'm sorry about the peanut ordeal, but I don't understand. Why are you being so... Not yourself?" Natsu asked, trying to make sure his tone didn't sound irritated. Lilly stared with doe eyes at Natsu, the small summer breeze brushing her hair in front of her face causing her to push the hair behind her ears. "What are you talking about?" She asked quizzically. Natsu sighed and crossed his arms in seriousness. "Lilly, I'm being serious. I remember you being sweet and shy. You're acting weird. You glared at Lucy more times than I smoke in a day for Christ's sake." Lilly bit her cheek and quietly answered, "I remember her from the hospital," She played with her hands, not looking into Natsu's eyes. "I don't want her to take you away from me. I won't let you."

"Lilly, it takes more than seeing Lucy for me to be taken away from you." Natsu lied. He expected her to be in tears already from the tone of her voice and the choking. "I liked you since I got the shift of watching you. From then on, I hoped for only the best and tried to get to know you. When-- When I saw Lucy hugging you, I saw your eyes light up in joy. That moment I knew that you loved her, Natsu. You loved her to death. You still love her." Lilly paused, rubbing her face. 

"But I have you, I have your heart now. I don't want her to come back." Lilly clenched her jaw and fist in a furious manner, but Natsu faked sympathy like old times and held her face in his hands, caressing her cheeks with his thumbs that had become wet with her tears. Natsu was a professional at these kinds of things, he dealt with heartbroken girls all the time from Sophomore year to Senior year.

"Lil, calm down," He bent down to look Lilly straight in the eyes and softly smiled. "I'm here." Lilly stopped sniffing and hugged Natsu's torso, making Natsu drape his arms around her and hug her back. "I feel better," Lilly told him, and he let go. "Thanks." Natsu smiled and walked back with Lilly to the playground, where Dan and Lucy were still swinging and chatting. 

"Hey! Where were you guys?" Lucy asked. Natsu shrugged and replied casually, "I needed to go to the bathroom and Lilly decided she needed to too." Dan gave a disapproving look at Natsu before whispering loudly, "More like PDA hour." Lucy didn't giggle, but Lilly did. "No. We aren't... There yet." Lilly slipped her fingers in between Natsu's fingers and Natsu swallowed, looking at Lucy. He knew she was pained. He could see it. How am I supposed to tell Lilly that I don't want to have sex with her? He looked down at a sweet and smiling Lilly and clenched his jaw. He never thought of that.