Epilogue

Video is the song I thought of when I wrote the last few paragraphs.

Hunter's POV

17 Years Later

The twins have found their mates, and Xavier has as well. He has even taken over as Alpha and is doing an amazing job. Right now we are standing around Ash's casket.

Ash died about a week ago saving a group of kids from a rouge attack. She was the only one who died. I was crushed when she died.

———Flashback———

Sitting in an office doing paperwork is so boring. Ash and I fixed things after she beat my butt and I got my head back in the game. I cut back work, and gave a little more to Derek.

Derek came bursting through my doors. "Alpha, there's been an attack."

"Who, when, where? And why didn't you mind linking me?" We started walking out of our house.

"Rouges just attacked Ash and the children she was with at the park. I tried, you had your walls up."

That means Ash could have tried as well.

I took down my walls.

'Hunter....please....hurry....the children'

She didn't finish. By this point, Derek and I were racing towards the park. There were multiple dead rouge bodies and no children's bodies. Good.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw my wife and mate lying in a pool of her own blood. She had a deep claw wound in her stomach.

I made it over to her in a matter of seconds, despite her being at least 3 yards away.

I picked her up and laid her in my lap.

"Ash sweetheart, stay with me. The doctor will be here soon."

She looked at me. "I don't care about me. Is everyone else alright?"

She could barely talk.

"Yes baby, everyone is fine. And you will be too."

She smiled at me.

"No Hunter, it is my time to go." Tears slipped from my eyes.

"No don't say that. You're going to be alright."

"Just listen to me. I love you with all of my heart. I want you to be happy. Tell the kids that I love them all so very much. My only regret in this life is that I didn't spend enough time with you, Hunter." Her eyelids were drooping and starting to close.

"No baby please stay awake, stay with me."

"G-goodb-bye H-hunter. I-I love y-you." She closed her eyes and I heard her heart stop beating.

———End of flashback———

That was the day that Xav took over as Alpha and the day that I lost my light. I am only here for my children.

I have cried so much that I have no more tears. My kids' mates are crying. They saw my wife as another mother to them. As did the rest of the pack. The whole pack was in tears.

The rest of the day I was just praying that it was a dream. I was just hoping that this was a terrible nightmare I would wake up from. But as the condolences went by and my sobs got louder, I realized that this was reality.

But one thing I wasn't going to do. Abandon my kids so I will grieve. I know that she wanted me to move on, but I will not do that. I loved her too much and I will never love someone like I love her.

I wish I could've had more time with her, but I have loved her since she was seventeen where I rejected her and left her pregnant.