Chapter 3

———— 5 Years Later ————

"Xavier Colten Black!" Yes, I gave my son his father's last name. I wanted him to have a little bit of his father in him. Other than being the carbon copy of him. "I told you an hour ago to pick this mess up! Do it now or you will go to bed early for a week."

"Ok mommy." He was very cute and normally a pretty good kid if I say so myself. I watched as he hurriedly picked up his stuff and put it all away where it belongs.

After I came to New York I lived in the pack house for a while before I got my own apartment with Xavier. We were still close and I was also officially accepted into their pack. Everything was in the past. I got a waitressing job, even though Trey(Alpha Landon) told me he would pay for everything. It wasn't anything romantic but he was like another older brother to me. I told him I wanted to be a little independent, and after a lot of bickering, he finally agreed.

Xav is enrolled in a Kindergarten down the street in walking distance, and everything is going amazingly.

*Ding Dong*

I ran to get the door. I was expecting to see Trey drop by today. He normally comes for little visits whenever he can and he had said that he was going to come today.

"Hey Trey!" I said opening the door.

"UNCLE TREY!" My cute little boy yelled while racing towards the door.

"Hey buddy!" Trey picked him up and swung him around. I chuckled as Trey sat Xav on his shoulders.

"Don't drop him!"

"You know I won't Ash." I just grunted a response.

"Hey go get ready bud, I'm taking you and mommy out to lunch!" He said while putting Xav down.

"What? I can't let you do that! You do so much for us already. I'll just make us lunch here." I put my hands on my hips.

"It's too late now, Xav is excited. And you don't want to let him down. Do you?" He gave me a little smirk knowing he had won.

"Using my own son against me is not fair Landon." I growled his last name.

"I'm pretty sure it is King." He used the same tone.

"Ugh fine, let me get my shoes." I muttered.

Trey took us to a cozy diner, like the one I work at. We were having a good time, laughing and playing around with each other. Anyone who didn't know us would have thought we were a perfect little family. But little did they know the one who had my heart, broke it, and is far away from here. And this man is basically my brother.

I was laughing at a joke Trey said when another person came into the diner and I got a whiff of a familiar scent. I was so heavenly and I couldn't help but get caught up in it.

MATE!! My wolf screamed. She and I normally don't talk, but ever since the rejection she barely ever says anything.

"Ashlynn?" I heard that voice I never wanted to hear again.

I only said one thing. "Oh, shit."