Chapter 1

Today was it. Today I finally get to find my mate. I am so excited to find that one person who is going to love me for me and going to be there for me. The person who is going to be there when I cried and through all of my hard times.

"Ashlynn get ready or you're going to be late!"

"Coming mom!"

I hopped in the shower washed my hair, then my body with my vanilla sugar scented body wash. I stepped out and put my matching pair of black lace underwear and bra. Then my ripped shorts, with a blue shirt knotted at the bottom. To top it off I put on a beige cardigan. Since it is about the end of school I didn't care what I wore, the school wouldn't be able to do much about it. I only put on mascara, I didn't use very much because I didn't need it. I grabbed some flats and ran downstairs.

"Hey, mom." I said sitting down on our window bench.

"Happy Birthday baby girl, are you excited for today?" She sat down next to me and gave a suggestive look. I swear sometimes she can be like a teenager.

"Yeah, I can't wait to find him, but I am also a little nervous. I mean, what if I don't find him?" I started to panic a little. It wasn't often that you don't find your mate, but it does happen.

"Oh honey, don't worry about that. I'm sure you are going to find yours." She said wrapping her arms around me.

"Thanks, mom. Well, I need to get going to school. Love you, see you later." I said standing up heading to the door. "Oh, before I forget can I stay at Izzy's house tonight?" I was going to stay there, but only after the party; which can go until like 5 in the morning sometimes. 

There was a party tonight at the soon to be alphas house, Hunter. My best friend Izzy was making me go. I normally wasn't a party girl, but this time was an exception because it was the end of Senior year. Hunter was a huge playboy. Him and his friends made bets on how many girls they could get each week and it was disgusting.

"Yeah, sure sweetheart."She was now starting to cook something.

"Thanks, mom." I turned around to leave, but then ran into something, I looked up and saw my big brother, Derek.

"Derek!" I jumped on him, basically tackling him to the ground.

"Woah hold up there squirt. I came home from training early to say happy birthday before you go to school and find your mate." He said getting up and giving me a hug.

"Thank you, big bro, well I really do have to get going. See you all later. Love you." I raced out the door.

I got into my silver Ram 2500 truck, my baby. I got it for my birthday last year and it is my favorite thing in the world.

I showed up at the school and was almost late so I hurried and ducked into class. I didn't pay attention at all, because the entire time I was daydreaming about my mate. This happened in all of my classes. The bell rang and I gathered up my things and headed to lunch. I wonder why I haven't seen my mate.

"Maybe he is in a different pack. Or just sick today." My wolf, Rain, suggested to me.

"Maybe but if he were sick, wouldn't we still sense him?" I questioned while getting some lunch. I was eating three pieces of pizza. I wasn't too hungry, but being a werewolf we needed to eat a lot of food. All of the kids in the school are were's so we didn't need to worry about them being suspicious of how much everyone ate.

"No, I need to be near him to sense him." She responded in a duh tone.

"Ok." I cut off the mind-link and headed towards where my friends were. They all had already found there mates.

"Hey, guys." I said sitting down next to Izzy. She was mated to Derek, my brother, which is weird for me.

"Hey you, any news?" She was meaning my mate.

"Nope still just me." I laughed a little. I have always kinda been on my own.

"Well don't worry, I bet you'll find him at the party tonight." Carrie said with a suggestive wink.

"I don't think we will do anything." I said with a chuckle.

"You never know." Nathan, Carrie's mate, said with the same tone. " I mean we mated-"

"Stop, I don't need to hear about your guys' sex lives." I said interrupting him.

They all laughed. The bell rang.

"We will see you guys later." I said referring to me and Izzy. We had the rest of the day off and so we were going to leave and get ready for the party. We walked out and decided to meet at the mall to see what dresses we could find for the party.

We went through lots of shops but hadn't found our dresses. But we came to a store and found some matching dresses. They were tight, mid-thigh dresses that had a partially open stomach with cross over strings. Hers was beige and mine was black. We already had some shoes that we were going to wear so we decided to go to my house and grab some clothes for me to really make it look like I was staying over.

After we went to my house we went to hers to get ready. She curled my hair and did a smokey eye on me. I wouldn't let her do anything else. After doing my hair and makeup she did her ow in a like way. We got ready and went to the party. For some reason, I was really apprehensive about tonight.