Chapter 14

"Yes," I whispered.
"What was that?" He asked.
"Yes!" I yelled.
He picked me up and twirled with me.
"Is this the part where we kiss?" He asked.
"I think this is it," I crashed my lips in his.
I just agreed to marry a psychopath, this is so messed up and I don't blame the wine, I followed my heart.

"Okay let's see if it fits," he slipped the ring on my ring finger.
"Perfect," I said.
We got in bed, poured the wine. Every two seconds he would look at me and smile.
"What?" I finally asked.
"You're gonna be my wife," he smirked.
"Yes and?" I asked.
"That's so amazing," he cheered.
"Why did you say yes?" He asked.
"You wanted me to say no?" I asked.
"You wanted to please me?" He asked.
"No, I love you Aden," I smiled.
"I love you too munchkin," he said.

The wine kicked in and I was feeling aroused.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Shut up!" I got inside the covers.
"Oh Emily!" He moaned causing me to giggle.
"Want me to stop?" I asked.
"Please don't," he laughed.
And then one thing led to another.
"That was amazing!" He exclaimed as he got off on top of me.
"Do you always say that?" I asked, I was now feeling sleepy.
"Only to you," he grinned.
"Liar," I closed my eyes.
"I'm not lying," he said.

"What happened during your childhood Em?" He asked.
"I want to sleep," I said.
"You're gonna be my wife soon and we must tell each other everything," he said.
"You start," I said.
"I don't have anything to say," he said.
"See, I don't want to talk about it just like you don't want to," I said.
"Okay but mine is all crazy so I suggest you get close to me and hold me," he said.

"Okay," I did as he said.
"When I was young, about five or six I started showing signs of aggression at least that's what my mom said. My sister Sandy, used to get me so upset I'd  wanted to rip out her throat. I don't remember much but she died, she drowned in the bathroom tub months later and I didn't do it. Nobody believed me even my parents, I kept telling them that I didn't do it. They didn't believe me! I was seven years old and Sandy was five, they lied to me and said I was going to a trauma hospital because I experienced trauma but it was an institution for kids like me, I wasn't crazy! I wasn't crazy Emily!" He held back his tears.

"I know, I know, maybe we should stop," he was getting furious and I wanted to put out the fire before it burns me.
"No I'll continue, so I was in that institution throughout my life, they neither visited me nor called me. I started to accept that they hated me, I moved on and I forgot about them. I took my meds and played by the rules, they lived up to their promise at the institution that if I get better they'll let me study at a normal med school because I was smart as you can see. I got here and met the most amazing person ever, story of my life," he exhaled.

"I'm sorry Aden," I wiped his tears.
"It's okay," he smiled.
I never thought the ever smiling Aden grew up without parents, I honestly thought he was spoiled. The way he would spend money, and not care about it.
"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.
"Shoot," he said.
"Who do I remind you of?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" He sat up.
"No don't get mad or anything, take deep breaths. When you see me, who do I remind you of, a friend at the institution, your mom or maybe Sandy?" I asked.
"No, no, no!" He got up, he's back!

"Aden relax," I said.
"Don't tell me to relax!" He yelled.
"Okay, you're mad I can see that but come back to bed so that I can tell you my story," I said.
Fortunately after minutes of silence he came back. I was so relieved.
"Look at me," I cupped his chicks.
"When did you decide to not take the pills anymore?" I asked.
"I don't know, after seeing you with Collen I guess, weeks ago. I remember getting so angry I flushed them down the toilet.
"Okay, that's good," I smiled.

"Okay, let's lay down and take a break,"I said.
We faced each other, and I was brushing his hair. He was calm now.
"How did you know that you reminded me of her?" He asked after minutes of silence.
"Who?" I asked.
"Sandy," he said. I was right? I was right! Yeah in your face!!
"Baby, I know that you loved Sandy with all your heart and you would never hurt her," I said.
"Yeah," he smiled.
"But you did," I said.
"What?" He asked.

"Aden, my love here's what I learnt from you, you hurt the people you love the most because you love them so much," I said.
"That's not true," he sat up.
"No wait, listen to me, didn't you love Sandy with all of your heart?" I asked.
"I did," he said.
"Don't you love me?" I asked.
"How could you ask that, you know I do," he smiled.
"Look at me, Aden," I referred to my bad beat up body.
"No, I didn't kill her!" He cried.
"I'm sorry baby," I embraced him.

"Oh my God, you must be right," he said.
I am totally.
"I killed my little sister out of anger," he cried.
"I'm so sorry, I know I don't understand but it's gonna be okay," I said.
"How do you know it's gonna be okay,?" He asked.
"Come on let's get inside the covers, you're shivering," he did as I said.
I rested my head on his chest so that I could listen to his heart beat. He played with my hair. I owe this guy my story.

"I knew it was gonna be okay when I was raped by one of my mom's boyfriends, she went out to do some groceries and the guy called me to his room, I was twelve and my mom caught him in action, I guess she forgot something and came back home. I got mad at her ever since but I started to forget as I grew up but it came back when she had a new boyfriend when I just started high school, I hated her, the boyfriend left her pregnant and then I had a baby brother, Jonah. I loved him. Her and I  don't speak much, whenever she needs something she calls me, story of my life," I wiped the tears that escaped my eyes.

"Come here,I'm sorry," Aden held me tighter. He started to draw an infinite pattern on my back and I became sleepy.
"I'm sorry too," I placed a light kiss on his abs.
"Goodnight Aden Michelson," I said.
"Goodnight Emily Parker- Michelson, I love you with all my heart," he kissed my cheek and turned the lights off. I almost forgot that I was married. Maybe as much as I wanna go home, I also want to stay here with him, he needs somebody. Even though he beat me up and said hurtful things as weird as it may sound but I'm drawn to him. He's my rough diamond, I just need to polish him into this wonderful gem like the one I have here on my finger.