Chapter 1

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time and I was pleased. I was wearing my white shorts, blue blouse and sandals, nothing much. The weather outside reminds me of home when I was a kid and used to go with my friends to a nearby lake to swim.

We would spend all day swimming and we would come home all wrinkley and worn out. I then tied my hair into a messy bun and found myself staring at a picture of me and my brother, Jonah. I hope he is okay back home, he has type 1 diabetes. And I'm worried mom won't give him all the attention he needs. Just three more years Emily, you can do this.

The beeping sound coming from my phone interrupted me.
"Hi," I greeted mom on the phone.
"Hey sweetie, how's it going?" She asked. You could hear it in her voice that she was drunk.
"Mom I don't have any money with me, what do you need?" I asked.
"Taxi fare to fetch Jonah's injections," she said.
"I'll see what I can do, tell him I said hi," I ended the call.
Checking what time it was, I realized that I was late.

~*~

"Hey beautiful," a husky voice said behind me.
"Hi," I turned around to meet Aden, my other half, my joy, my adviser, ladies and gentlemen thus is the man who stole my heart.
"You look amazingly hot," we embraced.
"Right back at ya," I smiled.
"So what are doing this evening?" He asked.
"Nothing much, hey can you do me a favour?" I asked. Not believing what I was about to do.
"Yep," he said.

"Can you borrow me a couple of dollars, I'll pay you back," I said. I can't believe I just borrowed money from my boyfriend.
"Here," he took out his wallet and gave me fifty bucks.
"I hope this will be enough," he gave it to me.
"I'll pay it back," I smiled.
"You don't have to," he took my hands.
"I will," I said.
"So what are you doing this evening?" He asked.

"Studying as always," I smiled.
"I'll come by later to bring you some dinner, okay?" He asked.
"Okay, thank you. I have to go," I said.
"Let me walk you to your first lesson, Dr. Parker," he smirked.
"Okay Dr. House," I laughed.
"Please don't tell me you're still watching that series," he said.
"I am and I love it!" I exclaimed.
"You know they aren't real doctors right?" He asked.
"Some of them are real practitioners, it's a really cool series and when you come by tonight you'll see what I mean," I said.

"Please don't make me," he smiled.
"Never mind you always hate the things I watch," I walked fast.
"Hey wait up," he stopped me.
"I'm sorry, I was just messing with you," he apologized.
"Okay fine," I smiled.
"Did I ever tell you that you have the biggest smile ever?" He asked.
"Yeah about a million times," I smiled.

"Keep counting because I won't stop mentioning this," he said.
"Have a nice day Aden," I kissed his chick.
"That's all I get?" He asked.
"Come by tonight and maybe just maybe," he got so excited that I didn't get to finish my sentence.
"Calm down, it's not like you haven't been kissed before," I said.
"Well not by you," he smirked.
"Baby steps remember?" I asked.
"I remember but you're killing me Em, I'm a man and I have needs," he said.

"I told you long ago to find somebody else because I wasn't ready for a new relationship," I said.
"That was a year ago, a year of playing hard to get, you're mine now and there's no need to be selfish anymore, let me take care of you," he cupped my chicks.
"I've been hur-" he shushed me.
"I know, but I will never hurt you, let me in," he said.

Looking deep into his blue eyes, I was drowning into his words. I needed that, I need somebody by my side. It's true I was playing hard to get for a whole year and he pulled through.
"We'll see," I smiled.
"Is that a yes?" He asked.
"A yes to what? What are we talking about?" I asked.
"There you go again playing dumb, but it's fine. Everything okay back home?" He asked.
"Yeah why?" I asked.
"Just checking, have a fantastic day my wife doctor," he kissed my forehead and sent shivers all over my body and I guess he noticed because he whispered: 'there's more coming from that'.

He left...