Chapter 13

"Emily!" Collen knocked on the door.
This was trouble. I looked at Aden and saw the mood change, he tightened his jaw.
He stood up and took a knife, my breathing rate increased.
"Yeah man," he said.
"Hey Aden is Emily there?" He asked.
"Yes she's asleep, I don't know if you heard but she's sick," he lied.
"Yeah I heard, I just came to check on her," he said.
"That's sweet but she just fell asleep hours ago, it's not that bad though," he said.

"Okay thanks man, I'll come by tomorrow," he said.
"Aren't you going home?" Aden asked.
"Yeah but we planned on going together because our neighborhood's are neighbours, get that?" He laughed. I'm dead.
"You guys are going together?" He asked.
"Yeah I just said that, tell her to be nice and ready early in the morning because it's a long ride home and we're gonna take the long route," he said.

"Okay I'll tell her," he said.
"Take care of her man," Collen said.
"Oh I plan on it," he turned to me.
"Cheers," he left.
Told you my mascara will be of no use, I was already crying.
"What do you have to say for yourself?" He asked as he got closer to me.
"I swear I cancelled it, it was way before all of this," I said.
"So you guys were already talking way before all of this? And by 'this' you're referring to me right?" He asked.

"Put away the knife Aden, I can explain," I cried.
"No no no, forget about the knife I'm listening," he sat down.
"Okay, Collen sent me an invite on Facebook and I accepted, well Lucy accepted for me. It was after I dumped Tyler and way before we met. We spoke and I told him where I lived and that's when he had the idea, I agreed then but I met you, I told him I had an admirer and he encouraged me to go for it, he's a friend Aden I promise," I explained.
"You," he laughed.

"What?" I asked.
"Are so stupid!" He took my arm.
"Aden!" I screamed.
"Shut up or I'll cut this hand off!" He shouted. And I did.
"You think I'll believe that?" He asked. He tightened the grip on my arm.
"It's the truth," I cried.
"After everything I've done for you, is this how you pay me back? You cheat?!" He asked.
"Baby, there's nothing more I hate then cheaters and liars, please let go of me," I begged.

"You are confusing me!" He stood up, hit and kicked the wall, I'm glad that wasn't me.
"Aden," I stood up.
"Sit your a** down!" He looked at me.
He started mumbling words and took out his belt. As he was walking to me, I said a short prayer.
He wrapped the belt around my neck.
"This time you better not s**t yourself, last words?" He asked.
"Please tell my mom that I'm sorry for being so angry with her for so many years, tell her it's not her fault that her boyfriend raped me, and" he cut me off.

"What," he let go of me.
"Aden kill me, I'm done with this," I said.
"Who what to you?" He asked.
"I said kill me!" I cried.
"No!" He yelled.
"Give me the knife so that I can end myself then," I said.
"Tell me what happened," he threw away the belt.
"I don't want to talk about it," I said.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.
"I said I don't want to talk about it please," I cried.
"Okay, it's okay," he hugged me.

"Please kill me," I cried on his chest.
"I'm not gonna kill you," he brushed my back.
"I ruined everything," I said.
"No you didn't, I did," he said.
"No it's me," I cried.
"Okay it's me," he said. I kept on crying and thinking that I was cursed. "Now let's finish this wine," he took the extra large wine bottles.
"Now you're talking, more for me and less for you," I said.
"If it makes you happy," he poured the wine.
"Nothing will make me happy unless you kill me," I said.

"Stop it, I'm serious Emily, if anyone is to die it should be me," he said.
"No, you're getting your degree next year," I said.
"I don't want it," he said.
"You got to be kidding," I said.
"I'm serious, I don't think I could ever live without you," he said.
"Why me?" I asked.
"You're the only girl I've ever been serious with, the first time I said love was to you and only you," he said.
"That's messed up, but sweet," I said.
"I know," he smirked.

"Here's an idea, let's finish this bottle in bed," I stood up.
"The one you peed in?" He asked.
"Shut up and help me with the zip," I said. He helped me out of my dress.
"This is a story to tell," he laughed.
"When we get in bed don't even lay one finger on me," I said.
"Okay I'm sorry," he made the bed.
I was feeling a little tipsy, one more glass and the I'll hit home.
"While you're still standing there in your lungarie, I have something for you," he said.

"No more gifts please," I sighed.
"Close your eyes," he said and I reluctantly did.
"I'm waiting," he was taking too long.
"You can open them now," he said and I opened them. When I looked down he was on one knee and had a ring.
"You didn't think I would by a necklace without a ring did you?" He asked.
"I-" he shushed me. My heart was racing and I was sweating.
"Emily Parker will you make me the happiest man on campus, will you marry me?" He proposed.

Nerves kicked in, this was my part.
Y/N life changing options.
I looked in his eyes and I swear I saw a glimpse of light, a sparkle to be exact, maybe it was the tears in his eyes, I don't know. He had no doubt, I mean I was taking too long but he didn't tear his eyes away from me.
I looked at the glimmering princess diamond ring. Now I know why people say yes, this s**t is beautiful.
This should come from my heart right? I don't have to think about it at all. I was shivering and sweating at the same time. Aden changed the knee he was kneeling in, that caused me laugh...