Chapter 10

I thought I was dreaming when I heard someone yelling my name. My eyes shot open when I realized that it can't be a dream.
Aden was next to me and he had a knife on my throat. I started to panic.
He covered my mouth.
"Someone's at the door," he whispered.
"Emily it's Collen please open up," Collen knocked.
"If it isn't your boyfriend, who else?" He quietly laughed.

"I'm sorry okay! I know you're mad at me but please open so that we can talk," Collen said. I started crying. I swear I had no tears anymore, it hurt like hell to cry just one tear, not hell as hell but more like labor.
"And she's crying," he said.
"Wanna go be with him, you guys will probably run off to the sunset riding some unicorns," I felt a warm liquid where he was placing the knife.
"Emily! I won't leave till you open up," he said.
"He really bores me," he smiled.

"Okay, here's what we'll do, you make him leave or else I'll invite him to our intimate party and you'll watch him die," he said.
"I'll let go now but if you talk sh** I'll slit your throat,okay?" He asked.
I nodded an agreement and he let go.
I felt like screaming to the top of my lungs for help but I was feeling blood oozing down my neck.
"Collen?" I called, my voice was shaky from crying.
"Emily," he stopped knocking.

"Yeah it's me, I forgive you!" I yelled.
"Really? Emily let me in," he said.
"I just got out of the shower and all the towels are dirty, I'll see you at campus, okay?" I said.
"Okay, thank you," he left.
"Good girl," he licked off blood from the knife.
"What did I tell you about him?" He asked. He was getting mad and I can't be beat up again, at least not today.
"You warned me and I'm so sorry baby," I apologized.

"Are you?!" He shouted.
"Yes, Aden my love, I should have listened to you. Please don't let him ruin this, I'm wearing your shirt and you're half naked and last night was amazing, you promised remember?" I asked.
"Yes but-" I didn't let him finish.
"But nothing, let's focus on now, throw away the knife please," I said.
"Okay," he said and he threw away the knife. I sighed with relief.
"Never ever," moments later he caught me by surprise, he had his big hands around my neck.

"Aden," I cried, he was about to choke me.
"Emily, I've got this sick feeling inside and I can't let him have you," he said.
"Aden please, I'm begging you," I begged.
"Don't touch me!" He exclaimed as I tried to touch his hands.
"You were right, I'll kill you and then I'll kill myself," he started to choke me.
"Please," I managed to say.
Okay, this was it, for real this time I guess.
But as I was about to pass out, he let go of me.

"F**k you Aden!" I coughed.
He started to pace around and I was fed up.
"What did you say?" He came over to me.
I bit my tongue trying to say the words again but I was scared.
So I chose to be quiet.
"What did you say you little b****?" He asked.
He grabbed me by my hair and threw me across the room.
He came over and I leaped towards the door.
He intentionally kicked my broken leg and I fell down.

He kicked me repeatedly until I was weak, couldn't even move my pinky.
He dragged me to my bed and dropped me down. Wow I didn't cry one bit, I just protected my delicate face and other parts like my broken leg.
"Fire, water or steel?" He asked.
"How do you want to die?" He asked.
"Water like your little sister, Sandy," I pressed his buttons. This one I pressed was buried deep inside.

"Go ahead! I'll tell her when I meet her in heaven you said hi because you'll be in hell," I said.
"You have no right to bring her up!" He roared.
"You have no right to hit a woman!" I cried.
"Then water it is," he picked me up.
"Leave me alone! Help!" I screamed.
He placed the stopper on the kitchen sink and filled the sink with water.
"The only way you're getting out of this room is in a body bag," he shoved my head into the cold water.
It's that cold that you forget to hold your breath.

I literally felt my lungs being filled with water. I tried to fight my head up but he's super strong. Okay Emily, you can do this. I pretended to be dead, everything went silent. If he's smart he would lean closer to check my breathing and then I'll strike.
He took too long but I could feel his warm breath over my head. It's go time! I hit him with my head with a great force.
He backed away with a nose bleed.
I quickly grabbed another knife on the counter.

"Sh**!" He exclaimed.
"Yeah maybe you didn't think this through enough," I painfully leaped towards him.
"You killed me," I said.
"Baby?" He backed away.
"Don't baby me," I said.
"You didn't die," he said.
"Should I thank you for that?" I asked.
"Okay, look. This was your idea, so why don't you give me the knife," he walked towards me.

"Get away from me!" I yelled.
"Give me the knife Em," he got closer.
I ended up slitting his hand when the maniac tried to grab the knife.
He laughed looking at his hand, his anger grew.
"Give me the knife," he said.
"I'll have to stab you first," I said.
"Okay," he smiled.
"I'm sorry," in a minute the roles were reversed and sadly the lame apology came from me.
But on the good side he had a knife stuck in his upper arm. He took it out, it looked so painful, he deserved it.

"You stabbed me," he laughed