Chapter 12

"Honey I'm home!" Aden yelled as he walked in.
"Well I attended the one class I had today and then after went shopping. I figured we should celebrate today," he said.
"Look what I bought for you," he held up a black long lace mermaid dress, it looked expensive.
"It's so expensive, do you like it?" He asked.
I nodded once, I don't like dresses especially occasional ones.
"Let's try it on," he untied me.
He helped me put it on and it fit like a glove.

"You don't like it," he got angry.
"I do, look I'm twirling," I twirled around.
"You look amazing," he held my hands.
"Thank you," I smiled.
"I got some more staff," he grabbed the bags.
"You are gonna die when you see this," he took out a black box.
"What is this?" I asked as he place it on my hands.
"Open it," he smirked.
"Aden," I exhaled looking at the diamond piece on my hands. It was a necklace, a big one and I bet these were real diamonds.

"Tell me you like it," he said.
"I love it," I said.
"72.8 carats," he smiled.
"What?" I heard him clear. He's crazy, 72.8 carats?
"72-" I cut him off.
"Are you crazy, how much did it cost?" I asked.
"Not that much, come on let's put it on," he took it. I held my hair away from my neck and the piece lay flat on my chest. It was amazing but why?
"There you go," he smiled.
"Aden," he didn't let me finish,

"I know it's beautiful but just so you know it doesn't compare to your beauty, I see more than this when I look at you," he smiled.
I felt horrible, I was saying things I didn't mean, telling him what he wanted to hear when he always spoke his heart.
"Aden you don't deserve me," I started to cry.
"Are you God now?" He laughed. Used my words against me.
"Stop crying," he wiped my tears.

"For dinner we'll have some chicken livers as starters, steak, wings and veggies as main and a fruit salad for desert, will that be fine?" He asked.
"Yes but it'll take long to cook, I'm starving," I said.
"Who said anything about cooking? There's only one steak that's well prepared and it's from La'Quinn's," he said.
"You ordered takeaways from one of the most expensive restaurants?" I asked.
"Yep, like I said, special night," he smiled.

"Fix your hair and makeup, dinner will be ready in twenty minutes," he said.
I sat down and looked at myself in the mirror. I closely looked at all of my bruises, my cheek, neck, side. Ninety percent of my face was grey. This was me, I couldn't believe it. I started putting on my foundation, Lucy gave it to me and I never used it before because I never had spots. I took off the necklace so that I could cover the hand prints on my neck. Next was the mascara, I bet it will be all over my face at the end of today because I'll be crying. But I plan not to.

I then applied the blood red lipstick, no eye liner because my eyes were puffy and irritated. Some earrings wouldn't hurt nobody. And lastly I tied my hair into a bun and applied some gel, not one hair had the nerve to stand up. I looked at myself again and although the bruises were covered the pain inside never seemed to go away. I didn't feel pretty at all. I was disgusted, how could I ever let a man lay a finger on me? I hate myself, I betrayed myself, I promised myself that I would never cry because of boy but look at me now.

"Wow!" Aden interrupted my thoughts.
"You are so hot," he smirked.
"Thank you," I picked up the necklace.
"Here let me put it on," he took it.
"Why didn't anybody tell me that I was dating a celeb," he kissed my neck.
"Stop it," I was referring to both the statement and the kisses.
"But don't you think you're the only one who's gonna look like a red carpet goddess, I also bought a tux," he took it out.

"It's white," I was surprised.
"Yes, a sign of a new me, a new us, a fresh start!" He exclaimed.
He put it on and it looked great.
"How do I look?" He asked.
"You are so hot," I smiled.
"Please assist," he referred to his bow tie.
"I'm sorry for everything Em," here we go again with the dumb apologies.
"Aha," I exhaled.
"I really am," he lifted my chin. Our eyes locked. I was drowning in his blue eyes again, I didn't want to but they drew me in.

"How's your arm," I cleared my throat as I detached.
"It's okay,how's your leg?" He asked.
"I'm still in pain," I said.
"Like I said, I'm sorry," he brushed my arms.
"Here you go," it was a perfect bow.
"What would I be without you?" He asked.
"Nothing I guess," I said.
"Exactly," he smiled.
"Let me walk you to our table Ms Parker," he held his arm out.
He pulled out a chair for me and I thanked him, he made me chuckle by saying that I was heavy.

"This is so tasty," I ate the starters.
"Shhh," let's eat in silence. And so we did with the occasional smile when our eyes meet. He took two bites and then stared at me. I asked him what was wrong and he shushed me. We ate the main course and the steak was so juicy. Then the desert came.
"We can talk now, well if you want to," he smiled.
"Okay," I exhaled.
"How was the food my love?" He asked.
"Scrumptious," I smiled.
"I thought it was too," he said.

"Where's my vodka?" I asked.
"I thought wine will best fit the occasion," he took out a bottle of wine.
"What's the occasion?" I asked.
"A fresh beginning like I said," he smiled.
"You better fill that glass," I said as he was pouring the wine.
"It's best if you don't get drunk," he didn't fill it.
"Pretty please," I begged.
"Just one full glass," he said.
"Then take the bigger one in the cupboard," I said.
"Why do you want to get so drunk?" He asked.

"No reason, never mind," I smiled.
I wanted to forget about this situation, even just for a few hours.