Chapter 18: The Stars Approach

--

Satoru Takahashi pressed the gas, flying down the highway, his turbo triple liter V6 engine roaring. The blue 2017 NSX loudly flying through a tunnel. 

A new gleaming dark blue comet and bright orange comet were heading towards a new word above the NSX's wheel.

On a shiny new bumper sticker....

----> 撮影星 (The Shooting Stars)

He checked his mirror, the orange GT86 behind him was pulling over to a rest stop

Satoru flicked on his marker, signaling a right turn.

-

Seiichi sighed as Satoru passed him a drink.

"Thanks." Seiichi said, his brown hair falling above his hazel eyes.

Satoru sat down next to him, leaning on the driver's side of the GT86.

"So what's up? Why'd you pull over?" Satoru asked, wiping a black lock behind his ear.

Seiichi looked down,"Yesterday, on Usui, I saw that FC angle in from the outside line at such a speed..."

"And?" Satoru asked looking at him.

"I don't know if I can corner that fast..." The tofu delivery boy said.

Satoru laughed lowly,"Oh Seiichi. You have no idea how much natural talent you have. When you attack a hairpin curve, you don't think, everything is instinctual. Not intellectual. You have the ability to beat me one day."

Seiichi looked, up hope in his eyes,"Really? But you're the fastest in all of Kanto."

Satoru shook his head,"Maybe. Many people still debate if I still really beat Ren Kogashiwa or not. Even I do. But still, I understand your doubt."

"Yeah...I never knew a car as old as an FC could go so fast."

Satoru's mind then proved to be as sharp as his father's, Ryosuke's.

Satoru looked at his best friend,"You really think that FC old? On the outside, it looks like your stock FC from 1990. But on the inside, it must have tranny gears for a rally, like yours and mine, perfect for cornering at any speed." 

"Also it must be equipped with high end sensor systems for gauging and to see how much power he has in his tires. Rear or front." He added, Seiichi's jaw falling.

"H--h-how do you know this??" Seiichi asked.

"Easy. I asked my dad."

"He told you??"

Satoru nodded,"He said that he'd tell me his upgrades, just not the horsepower setting, which is very, if not the most critical stat on the car."

"Why is that so critical?" Seiichi asked, his curiosity glowing.