Chapter 2: A Nice Summer

--

Months Passed, and every night, Thomas went up to Sadamine to get better. He got his first turbocharger two months in. Reaching 230 HP.

He eventually got water and oil pressure gauges, all with a blue tint lighting up his whole tachometer, making his FC even faster as Thomas improved.

Another three months in, Ryosuke increased power to 290 HP, seeing Thomas able to handle higher speeds.

The FC started performing a incredibly high levels, modern turbo and control systems keeping the FC modern from under the hood, while looking like a basic white FC from outside.

Not only was the FC powerful, but Thomas too, understanding the finer points of drifting five months before he turned 17.

Ryosuke smiled when he saw how much Thomas improved in only a few short months, and tuned the FC up to 340 HP, impressed.

Thomas now had a dual exhaust system, which flared red whenever he hyper accelerated.

He started going so fast he got Cobra racing class bucket seats.

11th Grade ended and the last summer began as a kid for Thomas...

---

--Summer of 2016, Thomas' Bedroom--

Thomas was relaxing on his bed, bouncing his foot along to the music he was playing, as he looked at the birthday presents he got for turning 17.

He snickered, nothing could compare to his 16th birthday present his uncle gave him.

Thomas heard the squeal of tires outside his window.

He looked down at the street from his room, seeing a moving van.

Thomas walked down the stairs and walked up to his father who was talking with some middle aged blonde guy.

"Ah! Thomas!" David said, "Meet your new neighbors! The Takahashis!!"

Thomas looked at a middle aged Keisuke and asked, "You don't mean the famous racer right?"

"That's me." 

"But you retired right?"

"Yup 13 years ago, Kyoko, tsk, let me carry that." He said doting over his pregnant wife.

Keisuke picked up the heavy box and carried it inside.

A blonde teenager was tapping away on his phone as Thomas walked up to him.

" 'Sup?" The boy asked looking at him, "Guess I'm your neighbor now."

"What's your name?" Thomas asked.

"Hiro, yours?"

"Thomas." He said shaking his hand.

"This is my sister Itsuha." He said.