Chapter 8: Furious Downhill Dogfight! (Satoshi vs Thomas)

-----

The monstrous R35's twin turbo engine roared like a dragon, Satoshi pressing the gas, feeling the revs vibrate in his hands.

Thomas clicked a button and the FC's headlights flicked up, flashing brightly.

Satoshi laughed,"Pah! Flip-up headlights? Those are outdated! Just like the rest of your car...This is a real man's head lights."

The R35's headlights glowed powerfully, making it look like a green beast

Hiro began the countdown, throwing his hand in the air, counting down with his fingers.

"5!" Hiro yelled.

Thomas pressed the gas, feeling the 13B engine whir.

"4!!" 

Satoshi's engine roared up.

"3!!" 

Danny looked at the white FC hopefully, his fist clenched.

"2!!"

Everyone trained their phones on the two cars, recording them from every angle of the starting line.

"1!!!"

........

(We'll Start our Race Starts Playing)

"GO!!!!!" Hiro screamed into the walkie talkie, throwing his finger down.

Both cars flew past him, accelerating off the line like fighter jets taking off, making Hiro's blonde hair fly past his head.

Thomas stared at the R35's bumper and thought,'I'm going to use my brain tonight, and make a winning stimulation in my head, just like my uncle Ryosuke.'

The green R35 flew headfirst into the first corner, a sharp left , Satoshi gripping the steering wheel, powering through it.

The white FC flew into it behind him, twin drifting left, Thomas concentrating on the drift, his tires screeching.

The left was followed by a quick right corner, the FC over steering and flying into the drift powerfully, pressing up to the R35's right side door in the drift.

Satoshi grunted, and hit the gas, accelerating powerfully out of the drift, the misfiring system shooting red flames out of the exhaust, blasting the R35 off, leaving a gap between him and Thomas.

Thomas smiled,"His shifting is very good, he understands drifting. Satoshi's improved."

They flew down the straight, zooming past racing fans cheering and filming the battle.

The R35 flipped through the next corner, a left, drifting skillfully, the tires screaming as it turned into a green blur, the rear whipping around it quickly.